Wiseman ineligible

Correction: Penny helped family in 2008 in Memphis, then helped Wiseman move back to Memphis at East
You are still a little off. Wiseman moved to Memphis in 2018. Penny donated money to Memphis in 2008. Memphis's final four chances are shot to hell. They should still make the NCAA tournament though.

You are still a little off. Wiseman moved to Memphis in 2018. Penny donated money to Memphis in 2008. Memphis's final four chances are shot to hell. They should still make the NCAA tournament though.
The lawyer was all over the place. Sorry for confusion. TV anchors cleared it up

I don't know about that. The NCAA is clearly sending Penny and Memphis a message right now:

"You are no sacred cow. You are NOT Kentucky, Duke or North Carolina. You better know your place and stay there!"

If this were a blueblood, the NCAA most definitely would look the other way.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Wiseman is originally from Nashville. Played at Ensworth freshman and Sophmore years. Played for Penny AAU team after Sophmore year. Then supposedly Penny helped family move to Memphis so Wiseman could play for East where Penny coached. Wiseman was ruled ineligible by TSSAA but that was overturned. Played for East Junior and Senior years. Penny got job Memphis after Wiseman’s junior year. And shockingly Wiseman followed the next year.

giphy.gif

So is the NCAA allowing him to play tonight? Or is Memphis just saying screw it and playing him anyways?

Apparently Wisemen is suing the NCAA which is laughable. This would be the crown jewel of NCAA ineptitude if they reversed this. If Penny literally paid Wisemen to move to Memphis to play for him in high school and has been deemed a "Memphis Booster" then on what grounds does Wisemen hope this gets over-turned? If that's the case just tear the whole system down and abolish the sport because that would set a terrible precedent.

P.S. I am dying laughing at Memphis saying "**** it" and playing Wisemen tonight anyway. Hilarious.

ANYBODY that was just the least bit familiar with this whole deal with PH and the Wiseman family have been walking around on egg shells hoping this type stuff wouldn't fall. There was just to much that appeared unethical the entire time. If you provide ANYTHIING the NCAA deems gratuities you have committed a serious violation. This is another example of the problems with shoe companies, AAU, and Universities being associated to closely. Problems more than likely will arise. I personally don't care one way or the other but again makes me appreciate our head coach even more.

VN Store

Back