Wiseman ineligible

So CBSN is considered on tv but SEC network isn’t? Lol even in the ghetto, your 12inch TVs with rabbit ears can get that

65' in tv.
I live in Western Kentucky with my wife and grandchildren.
What is it with some of you UT folks and ghettos?
I lived in Knoxvegas for four years...and that city has ghettos too.

65' in tv.
I live in Western Kentucky with my wife and grandchildren.
What is it with some of you UT folks and ghettos?
I lived in Knoxvegas for four years...and that city has ghettos too.
Every city has ghettos! And I have heard ghetto jokes from all different kind of people. All colors live in ghettos!

Reactions: Rickyvol77
@VolGee4 you want to enlighten him?

While I was ok with how they handled it, this fellow is going to be difficult to enlighten. These arguments are all fine and good, but it doesn’t mean they are winning arguments. I’m not even sure Richard Johnson even won his case against the NCAA. It’s a nice Twitter argument though.

Edit: Richard Johnson prevailed in a case where they alleged the NCAA policy violated state law. Totally different issue and set of circumstances.

Last edited:
Tried to be respectful, but some of your more 'friendly' fans came out with guns blazing.
I apologize if you were offended...but as much as you love your school...I love and support mine as well.
You can ask Gordon24..I'm good people.
Oh I didn't mean to insinuate you weren't. I have a very close friend of many years on the Memphis men's basketball staff right now and my daughter worked for Joy Lee when she was coaching there (absolutely loved her and gave her a hug and we both shed tears when she left) so I'm not anti Memphis. Several of my closest friends played for the Tigers as well. I just happen to be a life long Vol fan. I've had this discussion with many people over the years. I just don't think I would ever go to say...Alabama's website...and defend the Vols. It seems to be a futile thing to do. Carry on....

Memphis had 4 turnovers in that game. It still took a controversial call by a referee for Temple to pull that game off as it did.
As opposed to getting embarrassed by Georgia State?

Yep, you stupidly referred to GS. Our big loss during our bottom years in relation to a loss to Tenple during your peak.

You can be a Memphis fan, but you're dishonest if you believe anyone finds anything they do as relevant.

That is why a ton of HS talent just walked out of there yesterday (many to TN). Because even 17 year olds know that program is irrelevant.

And if Penny an Memphis State hadn’t thumbed their noses at the NCAA, he would have already been playing. Dumb, dumb decision to play him.
Those attorneys who advised Hardaway and the university struck out big-time with that decision.

If that had gone to trial...Wiseman would have won.
He had a lawyer dream team Farese, Ballin (rhymes with Allen), and Fishman.
Ultimately he was talked down. The popular opinion was that he'd get 4-6 games at most suspension.
That "dream team" advising him didn't do too well. It's funny how you Memphis apologists just don't accept the things right in front of you.

Those attorneys who advised Hardaway and the university struck out big-time with that decision.

Heh, I struggle to think that Hardaway or anyone related to Memphis listened to anyone before they kicked off Operation "Ignore All The Rules And Threaten Everyone With Lawsuits."

On a brighter note, Operation Get Memphis In A Crapload Of Trouble is looking strong out of the gates.

That’s a huge blow for Memphis. They had an outside shot to make some noise in March and make a run to the Final Four with Wiseman. Now, the Sweet 16 is that team’s reasonable ceiling.

Not to prolong this discussion but I think BY FAR the worst thing you've done if you are Memphis is invited the NCAA to investigate your program top to bottom. THIS NEVER TURNS OUT WELL! That's why most non biased fans thought playing Wiseman in defiance was just plain stupid. This whole thing is absolutely ugly and more than likely will get uglier.

Not to prolong this discussion but I think BY FAR the worst thing you've done if you are Memphis is invited the NCAA to investigate your program top to bottom. THIS NEVER TURNS OUT WELL! That's why most non biased fans thought playing Wiseman in defiance was just plain stupid. This whole thing is absolutely ugly and more than likely will get uglier.

Good, hopefully they receive a three year show cause. I hear the bbq in Memphis is very good!

VN Store

Back