Wiseman ineligible

Looks like we have a few tiger high fans posing as Vol fans, also a large amount of embellishment by them. I hope that sorry coach and school get what they deserve after this circus. On the NCAA consistent or not there has to be some semblance of rules or the games are worthless. Lil" penny thought he could do what ever he wanted without any repercussions and he got nailed. He wont last to long.

First, it’s a couple of legislators from Memphis who are running their mouth about legislation. Doesn’t mean it is going to pass. The ones running their mouth are not high up the food chain at the legislature.
Second, State law does not supersede the NCAA. The NCAA is a voluntary organization of which Memphis is a member. For example, the injunction doesn’t keep the NCAA from going back and making Memphis forfeit the one game they won while playing Wiseman.
Bingo! We have a winner. The NCAA is a voluntary association made up of members who voluntarily join the organization and agree to abide by its rules and regulations. If you don't like the NCAA, you are free to remove yourself from the organization and thereby relieving yourself of its rules and regulations. I've been there and done that and ultimately, this is where it will end. TSSAA is the same type organization. Unless discrimination or some type of right is infringed, the courts will ultimately not intervene. Furthermore, if they rule him eligible without penalty, no member school can do anything about that, even if a situation is almost identical to one in which a different outcome was decided. If they want to declare Memphis ineligible for tournament play because of it, no one can do anything about that as long as it follows its administrative remedies to allow an appeal to be heard. NCAA is the prosecutor, judge and jury for its member Universities. Often times the real problem turns out to be the delay in the system for the administrative remedies available.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Looks like we have a few tiger high fans posing as Vol fans, also a large amount of embellishment by them. I hope that sorry coach and school get what they deserve after this circus. On the NCAA consistent or not there has to be some semblance of rules or the games are worthless. Lil" penny thought he could do what ever he wanted without any repercussions and he got nailed. He wont last to long.
Penny has been a loser anyway at Tiger High which is even more funny...These posers pretending to be Vol fans are sad, but then again midmajor fans usually are!

First, it’s a couple of legislators from Memphis who are running their mouth about legislation. Doesn’t mean it is going to pass. The ones running their mouth are not high up the food chain at the legislature.
Second, State law does not supersede the NCAA. The NCAA is a voluntary organization of which Memphis is a member. For example, the injunction doesn’t keep the NCAA from going back and making Memphis forfeit the one game they won while playing Wiseman.

Trying to keep facts straight. I know the UM poster mentioned state legislators. I think he is referring to two local United States representatives. I don't know that they are really going to get anything moving, but I wouldn't consider them low on the food chain. The ironic thing is that one is a Democrat and the other is a Republican, so it's coming from both sides of the aisle. Obviously, it wouldn't be state law anyway.

Politicians in the state legislature are vowing to enact laws to ensure that the NCAA will not be able to do this in the future to players like James.

The fact that they decided to deal...says the NCAA knew their position was weak.
James had been ruled eligible.
The NCAA went back and said he was ruled eligible erroneously...but they would not back out on that.

(Rumor has it that another school brought this to the NCAA's attention. A school that had been recruiting Wiseman...but didn't get him.
By curious coincidence...Mitch Barnhardt of UK is on the NCAA enforcement team this year? So we think UK is the butthurt team)

Now the NCAA goes back on that...so late in the process. James could have opted to play ball overseas and made a lot of money, but did not have that option so late in the game.
So, this ruling hurt his reputation and kept him from making money playing elsewhere...might have also hurt his potential draft stock.
Sorry...but the NCAA's goose would have been cooked...royally....whether you think so or not.
And after Wiseman got through winning...Penny would hire an attorney like Richard G Johnson...and gotten their azzes handed to them again.

In the end...it was good for all parties involved...as this has the potential to be solved quickly...instead of a long drawn out court process, and the NCAA gets to save some face by making him sit for some games.
This is an excellent point. Whether you believe he should be eligible or not is beside the point. Once the NCAA ruled him eligible, there was no going back unless new info evolved (which from my understanding it did not).

Politicians in the state legislature are vowing to enact laws to ensure that the NCAA will not be able to do this in the future to players like James.

The fact that they decided to deal...says the NCAA knew their position was weak.
James had been ruled eligible.
The NCAA went back and said he was ruled eligible erroneously...but they would not back out on that.

(Rumor has it that another school brought this to the NCAA's attention. A school that had been recruiting Wiseman...but didn't get him.
By curious coincidence...Mitch Barnhardt of UK is on the NCAA enforcement team this year? So we think UK is the butthurt team)

Now the NCAA goes back on that...so late in the process. James could have opted to play ball overseas and made a lot of money, but did not have that option so late in the game.
So, this ruling hurt his reputation and kept him from making money playing elsewhere...might have also hurt his potential draft stock.
Sorry...but the NCAA's goose would have been cooked...royally....whether you think so or not.
And after Wiseman got through winning...Penny would hire an attorney like Richard G Johnson...and gotten their azzes handed to them again.

In the end...it was good for all parties involved...as this has the potential to be solved quickly...instead of a long drawn out court process, and the NCAA gets to save some face by making him sit for some games.

Politicians must pander to their constituents. Dog and pony show.

PH is dirty and in Memphis they are used to that along with Calapari!
I dnt understand how he is dirty when these kids have been playing for him for years. Those kids from East where always going to go to memphis once he was hired. Lomax has been living in his house since 5th grade. Most of his kids played for him at Lester middle school. Their being punished for an act that literally has nothing to do with the NCAA. This is a TSSAA isuue. The fact that the Wiseman's case was already closed in May now its reopened suggests alot of people are jealous of the guy and i think Calipari got the NCAA to reopen the case becuase he didnt go to Kentucky.

Reactions: knucklehead_vol
So you are good with people giving money for kids to come to school.

The richest boosters will buy the best players. Not sure if you really want that.

All I know if this were Tennessee we'd be searching for a new coach and likely have great damage to our program.

Penny should have let him go elsewhere. Both for the kids sake and for the Tigers sake

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Memphis has drawn a line in the sand, put a stick on their shoulder, double dared the NCAA. The NCAA will either defend itself or back off. If they back off the flood gates will open and they will never regain control. They are dickheads but this can't be good.

Reactions: sccshortstop

The richest boosters will buy the best players. Not sure if you really want that.

All I know if this were Tennessee we'd be searching for a new coach and likely have great damage to our program.

Penny should have let him go elsewhere. Both for the kids sake and for the Tigers sake
Yep and he should have known this was going to happen! He had been recruiting kids for East well before he was head coach through the AAU programs. Nothing has changed and he had the nerve to jump on Barnes for nothing. I hope he is half the helping poor folks man as so many think he is. Arrogant to a fault I am thinking. I have lived in the area since he was in high school and I have seen how he has progressed and he was a good kid back in the day. Money has a way of changing people and most often not for the good.

Penny should have let him go elsewhere. Both for the kids sake and for the Tigers sake[/QUOTE U dnt think the blue bloods been paying the best kids for decades??? Now when a non big name school starts getting these blue chip recruits who are already in their backyard its a conspiracy. So if Peyton coached at UT and Arch Manning commited he would be ineligible because Peyton had a prior connection to him and he donated to the school???? Thats ridiculous. The guy was coaching this kid before he became a top recruit. If James Wiseman believes a former lottery pick, NBA superstar, and gold medalists who has been his mentor can help his game the most why should the kid be forced to go somewhere else?? The guy was coaching the #1 ranked high school basketball team in the country. U dnt think all of those kids from Memphis East were going to Memphis once he was hired??

Bingo! We have a winner. The NCAA is a voluntary association made up of members who voluntarily join the organization and agree to abide by its rules and regulations. If you don't like the NCAA, you are free to remove yourself from the organization and thereby relieving yourself of its rules and regulations. I've been there and done that and ultimately, this is where it will end. TSSAA is the same type organization. Unless discrimination or some type of right is infringed, the courts will ultimately not intervene. Furthermore, if they rule him eligible without penalty, no member school can do anything about that, even if a situation is almost identical to one in which a different outcome was decided. If they want to declare Memphis ineligible for tournament play because of it, no one can do anything about that as long as it follows its administrative remedies to allow an appeal to be heard. NCAA is the prosecutor, judge and jury for its member Universities. Often times the real problem turns out to be the delay in the system for the administrative remedies available.

Their rules can be challenged in court. Anything can be challenged in court. Also, the NCAA is a legal monopoly. They don't want to put that at risk in court.

You can sue anyone about anything. But winning the case is a different matter. While I think the NCAA is very concerned about its antitrust status, determining the eligibility of its athletes will not rise to antitrust issues. As long as adequate administrative appeals are made available, Wiseman and his attorneys are fighting windmills.

Yep and he should have known this was going to happen! He had been recruiting kids for East well before he was head coach through the AAU programs. Nothing has changed and he had the nerve to jump on Barnes for nothing. I hope he is half the helping poor folks man as so many think he is. Arrogant to a fault I am thinking. I have lived in the area since he was in high school and I have seen how he has progressed and he was a good kid back in the day. Money has a way of changing people and most often not for the good.
This is how high school basketball works around the country. Every top high school baskeball team recruits its kids (ever heard of IMG, Montverde, Oak Hill). How has money changed him?? He took less money then Tubby. The man only got into coaching becuase of a dying friend. He has basically raised half the players on that team since middle school. If im a high school player, and my high school coach whom i have won multiple championships with gets a college job, where do u think im going?? Now had all these kids been from other areas with no prior connections i would be with u, but the fact that 5 of his players played multiple years of middle/ high school together, 8 played AAU together, and Wiseman stayed at East for his senior year after Penny left, tells u there was a great chance that core would stay together. Memphis is probably the only place where that could have happened. U said u lived in the area so u know how important Penny is to that city and what he means to the community. There was no investigation when Calipari took an entire recruiting class to KY with him that was either committed or signed a NLI to Memphis. There was no investigation when Kansas hired Keelon Lawson to insure the Lawson bros transfered to Kansas last year. The only reason Chandler Lawson who also played at East went to Oregon is becuase Keelon got fired by Tubby. This is only a story becuase Calipari couldnt get DJ Jefferies and James Wiseman to Kentucky simple as that

Reactions: knucklehead_vol
This is how high school basketball works around the country. Every top high school baskeball team recruits its kids (ever heard of IMG, Montverde, Oak Hill). How has money changed him?? He took less money then Tubby. The man only got into coaching becuase of a dying friend. He has basically raised half the players on that team since middle school. If im a high school player, and my high school coach whom i have won multiple championships with gets a college job, where do u think im going?? Now had all these kids been from other areas with no prior connections i would be with u, but the fact that 5 of his players played multiple years of middle/ high school together, 8 played AAU together, and Wiseman stayed at East for his senior year after Penny left, tells u there was a great chance that core would stay together. Memphis is probably the only place where that could have happened. U said u lived in the area so u know how important Penny is to that city and what he means to the community. There was no investigation when Calipari took an entire recruiting class to KY with him that was either committed or signed a NLI to Memphis. There was no investigation when Kansas hired Keelon Lawson to insure the Lawson bros transfered to Kansas last year. The only reason Chandler Lawson who also played at East went to Oregon is becuase Keelon got fired by Tubby. This is only a story becuase Calipari couldnt get DJ Jefferies and James Wiseman to Kentucky simple as that
Self is the same as Hardaway so just leave it at that since you know all about recruiting both high school and college! Done with your krap as well!!

Self is the same as Hardaway so just leave it at that since you know all about recruiting both high school and college! Done with your krap as well!!
Ijs. People are saying Penny shouldnt have recruited him but im looking at the fact that Wiseman and Jefferies both 5*'s where going to KY if Penny doesnt get the Memphis job. Dnt u think that affects UT??

Ijs. People are saying Penny shouldnt have recruited him but im looking at the fact that Wiseman and Jefferies both 5*'s where going to KY if Penny doesnt get the Memphis job. Dnt u think that affects UT??
Who cares. We hate tiger high and UK. True UT fans don’t cheer for our opponents

Dude.

Paragraphs, please.

This is how high school basketball works around the country. Every top high school baskeball team recruits its kids (ever heard of IMG, Montverde, Oak Hill).

IMG - Private School
Montverde - Private School
Oak Hill - Private School
Memphis East - Public School

Apples and oranges.

Wiseman’s lawyer just said on TV that if Penny was a white Coach this might not be a problem - lawyer is white.
I cannot believe he said that - wow
And what about a white male finding a job over a woman or someone else other than white with same qualification ... white man is screwed but no one complains about that. Tired of race card bs just do what’s right. Penny is a punk and a cheater that happens to be black.

VN Store

Back