Wireless Earbuds

@K-town Vol Fan @CagleMtnVol How do y'all listen to earbuds when you mow? I've tried it a few times and had to turn up the volume to ear-splitting levels to hear. I still couldn't hear it all that well anyway and I figured it couldn't be good for my ears, so I've stopped doing it.
I think the way mine fit in my ear, sort of blocks the sound of the mower. The old standard ones like pictured below that just sit in your ear are definitely terrible for mowing. Screenshot_20220426-113403_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I think the way mine fit in my ear, sort of blocks the sound of the mower. The old standard ones like pictured below that just sit in your ear are definitely terrible for mowing. View attachment 450477
I've tried AirPod Pros, that have the noise cancelling, and the mower is just too loud I guess. I do use an old (20+ year) push mower that maybe is much louder than newer ones. Who knows. I have a very small yard anyway that doesn't take long to mow so it doesn't really matter.

@K-town Vol Fan @CagleMtnVol How do y'all listen to earbuds when you mow? I've tried it a few times and had to turn up the volume to ear-splitting levels to hear. I still couldn't hear it all that well anyway and I figured it couldn't be good for my ears, so I've stopped doing it.

I got a battery mower but that works for me because my yard is small. You probably gotta put noise canceling ear muffs over your buds.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I've tried AirPod Pros, that have the noise cancelling, and the mower is just too loud I guess. I do use an old (20+ year) push mower that maybe is much louder than newer ones. Who knows. I have a very small yard anyway that doesn't take long to mow so it doesn't really matter.

Dude, if you have a small yard, this **** is cheap and so quiet

Weird, mine work great. You sure the noise cancellation mode is turned on?

Reactions: Wireless1
That is odd. I know people that use AirPods at Nascar races and don't have any issues. My Raycons don't even have noise canceling and I have no issues hearing even with volume just over halfway. I also use a gas push mower, although it is newer.

Wear a pair of earmuffs over your earbuds. Or get a pair of Bluetooth earmuffs. I have a pair of these:
WorkTunes

You must have some flowmasters on that mower :). I wear mine while mowing, weedeating, running a backpack blower and I can barely hear the equipment if they're in my ears w/noise cancellation. I got the Airpods for last year as a gift and didn't use them for almost 3-4 months. I felt guilty and tried them out not expecting to like them....now I won't work outside without them.

Reactions: golfballs
I don't have any issue with it on my "half ear" head phones.

I used to use these, they have an audio in.

Yeah, it's definitely on. Maybe my hearing is already shot from listening to too much music via headphones/earbuds over the years.

Also, for some reason, I can't see the Amazon links @n_huffhines and @JCHateSteve are posting.
That any better?

If not Google "Honeywell Impact Sport Sound" ear muffs. I bought them for the range originally. They're not hard to find.

Ear protection/noise reducing headphones for jobsites or shooting.

I use my earmuffs with radio and Bluetooth. I have tried the ear buds and my bone conductive ones do not work while mowing.

Two words - Noise canceling, I have apple airpods, completely cancel the background noise, barely hear the mower and never mrs wireless.

Just a heads up my wife has an older pair of Air Pods and I have the newest Air Pod Pros. We have a problem when we go to the gym together, for some reason our iPhones want to sync together and all of a sudden she will be getting my music. We've tried to work through this and stop the sync, but it seems to come back. Net result is I don't wear mine while I'm lifting if she's in the gym at the same time.

If someone has a solution I'd love to hear it. Thanks

Reactions: Wireless1
I've got JLABS. It is ridiculous how long the charge lasts if you put them away and don't use them for a while (months and months). Might not matter to anyone else, but if I haven't used them for 6 months and go pick them up, they still have a full charge. Maybe they all do, I don't know.
I don't think you can go wrong with those.

I ended up going with the JLab Go Air True Wireless. I was able to find one on eBay Brand New for $12.50 with free shipping. Half the price or less compared to what Walmart, Best Buy or Amazon has them for. They should be delivered Friday or Saturday.

20220427_130559.jpg

20220427_130621.jpg

I second this. I've yet to find a good pair, and I hate wires.

I actually found some, Jabra Elite 75t. The only problem I have is something I can't help, turns out my right earhole is actually smaller than my left and so even with the most appropriate ear bud cover on it still doesn't quite fit in my ear that great but I manage. They are fine if I'm just walking around but running every 5 minutes or so I have to kind of shove it back in my ear.

Just a heads up my wife has an older pair of Air Pods and I have the newest Air Pod Pros. We have a problem when we go to the gym together, for some reason our iPhones want to sync together and all of a sudden she will be getting my music. We've tried to work through this and stop the sync, but it seems to come back. Net result is I don't wear mine while I'm lifting if she's in the gym at the same time.

If someone has a solution I'd love to hear it. Thanks
Go into each of your iPhones under Settings, then under Bluetooth and click the (i) button then click (Forget This Device) for each other’s AirPods. That should do the trick

Go into each of your iPhones under Settings, then under Bluetooth and click the (i) button then click (Forget This Device) for each other’s AirPods. That should do the trick

I'll give it a try. Thanks

My earbuds was delivered Thursday got to try them mowing yesterday and gardening today and I really like them. I like that I can use either side by its self. They stay in my ear really well and didn't even feel like they wanted to fall out.

While mowing they were much clearer and I didn't have to have them as loud as the JBL Wired buds I had been using that originally came with my Roku Ultra.

My only complaint is the charging case is open on the top which could let dust/debris in when carrying it in your pocket

Overall I recommend them.

Reactions: SDV
Just popping in to get some advice. Recently for Christmas I got some airpods. I hated them, the sound was OK, but they would not stay in my ear for anything. I could be on the couch watching YouTube turn my head once and they're in the floor. Has anything come out recently that any of yall have liked? I want a set that I can do house work or go to the gym with and not worry about them being in the floor every 5 seconds. My price range is around $100.
I'm looking at either the Beats studios in that range(I have a set of wired beats I really like), but most reviews say they aren't the best for the gym. Or I'm looking at the Samsung true buds around that range. If anyone has experience with either please let me know.
TIA.

Just popping in to get some advice. Recently for Christmas I got some airpods. I hated them, the sound was OK, but they would not stay in my ear for anything. I could be on the couch watching YouTube turn my head once and they're in the floor. Has anything come out recently that any of yall have liked? I want a set that I can do house work or go to the gym with and not worry about them being in the floor every 5 seconds. My price range is around $100.
I'm looking at either the Beats studios in that range(I have a set of wired beats I really like), but most reviews say they aren't the best for the gym. Or I'm looking at the Samsung true buds around that range. If anyone has experience with either please let me know.
TIA.
Have you tried the various rubber tips for the AirPods? The ones that stay in best for me were not the ones I thought I should use

VN Store

Back