Wireless Earbuds

I'm telling you: the BP2 for $120 is an incredible deal. The sound is a significant upgrade, even from Beats
Guess it's about use for me. I've got my tube amp and senns, beyers, grados if I'm looking for high end sound. Bluetooth headphones like we're discussing are for outdoors and exercise to me. Give me some isolation and tunes is all I really ask from them. They're kind of in the "disposable" category not really audiophile devices.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
These all sound wonderful, but my chance of keeping track of even one wireless earbud, much less both, are slim to know none.

I have the doofus-y Apple Beats solely for that nice leash around the back of my neck, yet even then, I've already had to buy an additional set until the first one came out of hiding.

Edit: I swear, auto-correct...

Last edited:
Reactions: JCHateSteve
These all sound wonderful, but my chance of keeping track of even one wireless earbud, much less both, are slim to know.

I have the doofus-y Apple Beats solely for that nice leash around the back of my neck, yet even then, I've already had to buy an additional set until the first one came out of hiding.
I've got 2 sets of Soundpeats now because my original pair went on walk about for 6 months.

I blame gnomes.

I swear, next time I replace them it'll be with these.
download.jpeg
I don't care how folks at work look at me, I won't be able to hear them anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
Not sure the model, but I have Reason software and the accompanying external audio interface.
Pretty clear the headphone hobby has passed this old guy by. Everything is computers and software. I'm still using wired cans and tube amps.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Guess it's about use for me. I've got my tube amp and senns, beyers, grados if I'm looking for high end sound. Bluetooth headphones like we're discussing are for outdoors and exercise to me. Give me some isolation and tunes is all I really ask from them. They're kind of in the "disposable" category not really audiophile devices.
I don't think anyone can go wrong with the JLab GoAir they are currently $20 at Walmart cheaper than Best Buy but I bought a 2nd set last Black Friday for $9.99.

What kind of tube amp? Any speakers? Turntable?

No speakers. Headphones only. I've got a few old school sources and amps. Turntable is Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo and my CD player is the Sony C555ES. I've also got a Transporter but doesn't see as much use as the others. I've had a few different setups.
1698587384432.jpeg
1698587411794.jpeg
1698587456824.jpeg
1698587532793.jpeg

I saw some wireless headphones with built in tube pre-amps on kickstarter or indiegogo recently. Seemed like a really cool concept.

Really nice set up there CAVPUT.

I saw some wireless headphones with built in tube pre-amps on kickstarter or indiegogo recently. Seemed like a really cool concept.

Really nice set up there CAVPUT.
Thanks. It's pretty antiquated by today's standards, but I'm happy to be old school. I dig vinyl and cables.

Reactions: Wireless1
Thanks. It's pretty antiquated by today's standards, but I'm happy to be old school. I dig vinyl and cables.
JMO, Tubes is the way to go. Until 2010 I had nothing else. Even my CD player used a tube. I'm over to an Arcam integratd and JM Reynaud speakers(French)
What are your specific tubes?
I have a B&K tube tester and 4 NOS matched1967 mullard CV4109, 188cc. I bought in 2010.
I need to sell what's left. Let me know if you are interested.
I'm going to put on Audiogon and or ebay.
Too old to handle the weight of tube equipment now.

JMO, Tubes is the way to go. Until 2010 I had nothing else. Even my CD player used a tube. I'm over to an Arcam integratd and JM Reynaud speakers(French)
What are your specific tubes?
I have a B&K tube tester and 4 NOS matched1967 mullard CV4109, 188cc. I bought in 2010.
I need to sell what's left. Let me know if you are interested.
I'm going to put on Audiogon and or ebay.
Too old to handle the weight of tube equipment now.
Thanks, but I'm pretty well set for tubes. Before you head to Audiogon or ebay, list 'em on Head-Fi. I haven't been there in quite some time, but there still might be some old timers like us around who are still looking for tubes and cables.
1698621609953.png1698621670668.png

Last edited:

VN Store

Back