Windy's football discussion thread.

One of TOS claims 50 Level 1 and 2 violations. This is going to get us out of paying philmer before it's over!

For the Bills - Chiefs game, the National Anthem featured a flyover of four Warthogs. Woof.
That cost the American taxpayer somewhere in the ballpark of $24,000 - $45,000. Possibly a lot more if a tanker was involved. Depending on a few different factors.

And before someone tries the “they were going to use those training hours anyways”, this isn’t worthwhile training.

Fite me.

That cost the American taxpayer somewhere in the ballpark of $24,000 - $45,000. Possibly a lot more if a tanker was involved. Depending on a few different factors.

And before someone tries the “they were going to use those training hours anyways”, this isn’t worthwhile training.

Fite me.
Do the game promoters pay an appearance fee?

Reactions: tnuhcvols
They sometimes give free tickets and VIP access to the field, skyboxes, or other premium things. But the DoD pays for the flying hours. The DoD sees it as a recruiting opportunity.
Ahh, the recruiting budget.

That would have been an awful lot of sausage egg McMuffin meals. The only edible food that McD’s sells. “Fite me.”

Fite me.
Practice run its in the budget.

@The Ron Mexico, do you favor retiring the A-10s?
That’s probably an answer that’s tough to answer via message board while typing on my phone. But I’m not familiar enough with the total long term costs associated with each to make that determination. There’s more cost than just the per hour rate that goes into long term decisions like that. Those numbers would be best quoted by accountants in DC.

But from an operational standpoint and my limited (and probably my own biases) knowledge on the capabilities of the the F-35, I think the A-10 should be retired. It can do so much more. Most of the people trying to keep the A-10 aren’t using anything more than “the guys on the ground love it” argument. I contend that a Marine or Soldier will appreciate any CAS, regardless of which aircraft provided it. And cost has literally never mattered to the DoD. Until this controversy. And there are other equivalent arguments that never get made. The stories of the F-35 being unreliable are blown out of proportion.

The KC-46 vs KC-135/KC-10 is an argument Congress should be having. But those two old tankers don’t have the legendary and mythical stories behind them that the A-10 does.

Just one, uninformed guy’s opinion. Do with it what you will.

Fite me.

If it just convinces 1 of the 2000 fans in attendance to join, all worth it.

When challenged by someone named Fightmaker who is baffled why he doesn’t name names:

Because my friend of thirty years is of counsel to several people in the AD, some very important boosters, and two coaches. He’s been a hundred percent on what he’s shared with me so far, as others will tell you. I do not claim to be an insider, important or knowledgeable beyond what I know. What I know is that we just backed up a truck to our first choice, and are making him say no. I believe the offer is over five years and 40mm. If they move on from that, I hear we will close number two before lunch.

VN Store

Back