Windy's football discussion thread.

Was he ok/great/abysmal/meh in game day coaching decisions that were separate from JG?

Although I think that maybe awful QB play impacts everything else, so maybe they just can’t be separated out.
Okay, I skirted around it. Outside of the sticking with JG, what little, and I mean little, that I know, it never seemed like the offense or the defense seemed to know what they were doing and got worse as the season progressed. Probably needs to be addressed by someone that actually knows something about it, but I always like to put my .01 in.

So, a question: I’m pretty sure that the answer is “no”, but is there any way to evaluate Pruitt’s record here separately from JG’s performance?

I still think that there is something weird about Pruitt’s continuing play of JG. I don’t care how he talks (although I sure didn’t allow my kids to talk like that); I don’t think he’s stupid.

But if the Lizard People had captured JG at some point back in 2018, and we had a not-great-but-not-terrible QB as a replacement, what might the last three years have looked like? How many of his wth-were-you-thinking decisions were 90% independent of recovering from a turnover, trying to give the D a rest, hunkering down, playing it safe, or whatever?

Obviously, this is not measurable (although possibly entertaining), but I am still stuck on the scenario that Pruitt Had to Play JG for Some Nefarious Reason. Because I am cheerfully dirt-ignorant about football, but I sure wouldn’t have kept playing him.

Enquiring minds want to know!
I believe they wanted Maurer but as it turned out, he was too injury prone. I think he was gun shy with HB because of that. Not sure JT showed enough promise. Thats the way I try and rationalize it.

A dad of a college football player.
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back