Will you live to see the Vols in a Final Four?

Will you live to see the Vols in a Final Four?

• Yes

Votes: 57 44.5%
  • No

Votes: 71 55.5%

• Total voters
Eh. Doubt it. I’m 30, but we’ve made it this long without making one so it’s not unrealistic to think another 60 years will go by without one either. I’ll believe it when I see it with this university.

At least Vol baseball won...Lady Vols basketball and softball both lost....but at least they're relevant I guess.

I'd love you see a final four and a Vol Heisman trophy winner in my lifetime. Wonder which would come first?

I would say a FF. That is result based, whereas media votes on the Heisman and they aren’t going to give it to a Vol.

I can't imagine getting a more open path than we had this year with a team this loaded with veterans. So probably not for a while, if ever. Though that's just inexcusable considering the investment in basketball we've made as fans and as a program.

Sorry for your suffering.

Reactions: Orange.
I’m 25 so I would hope to God. That said, we are cursed in basketball and I feel like Barnes could take us to 10 straight tourneys without getting to the F4 so idk.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
1 thing for sure there’s a contingent on here that will be firing HCs every year until we do.
WILL OUR DRIVE BY FAN BASE FIRE THE COACH EVERY YEAR UNTIL THEN
YES=X
No-=

There should be a Maybe option. I’m 68 and my mother is 95 (and still living in Knoxville). Maybe I live another 30 years, or maybe I’ll keel over tomorrow. Maybe the Vols win it all before Barnes retires but maybe our FF drought continues ad infinitum. WTH knows. Go Vols!

Reactions: DuckInAPen
And DW and Vitello

I should perhaps clarify that I wrote that facetiously. LSU stood by Will Wade for three years as he led them to increasing irrelevance, but ultimately they cried uncle and fired him. UT, meanwhile, cleaned house, maintained our dignity, and hired the athletic director and football coach we'd been looking for for a decade-and-a-half.

As for Vitello's violation, Vitello's:Wade's :: parking violation:felony.

There should be a Maybe option. I’m 68 and my mother is 95 (and still living in Knoxville). Maybe I live another 30 years, or maybe I’ll keel over tomorrow. Maybe the Vols win it all before Barnes retires but maybe our FF drought continues ad infinitum. WTH knows. Go Vols!

Just ask ChatGPT and settle the question once and for all.

Reactions: RavinDave
I don't think so. I turn 71 next week, and I just don't see it happening unless when Barns retires UT can find a coach that has elite talent in X's & O's (defense & OFFENSE), consistent elite recruiting prowess, and who lives and breathes to play and win the tournament. I don't know who that is, but for what they are paying the current coach, I think we could even add a substantial amount for THE right guy. Of course, this is a near perfect scenario, and unfortunately my scenarios have never been near perfect through my time so far. But hey, maybe we get lucky!

VN Store

Back