Will you live to see the Vols in a Final Four?

Will you live to see the Vols in a Final Four?

• Yes

Votes: 57 44.5%
  • No

Votes: 71 55.5%

• Total voters
For years I said I just wanted to see my Vols win the National Championship ( football ) in my lifetime and they did in 98. I think to win a BB championship you have to keep being relevant ( being in the play offs, getting better players each year, making the tournament each year) and one day all the stars will line up with the right players to make it happen. Look at how the blue bloods ( Duke/North Carolina/Kansas ) dominated. They didn't fire their coach every 3 years and rebuild from scratch

For years I said I just wanted to see my Vols win the National Championship ( football ) in my lifetime and they did in 98. I think to win a BB championship you have to keep being relevant ( being in the play offs, getting better players each year, making the tournament each year) and one day all the stars will line up with the right players to make it happen. Look at how the blue bloods ( Duke/North Carolina/Kansas ) dominated. They didn't fire their coach every 3 years and rebuild from scratch
FAU had only made the tournament once and never won a game. UCONN missed the tournament and is on their 3rd coach in 11 years. Miami missed the tournament 4 years in a row and has B2B Elite eights. Texas is on their third coach in the time Barnes has been at Tennessee.
San Diego St missed the tournament several years in a row and had two first round exits before their run.
This you have to make the tournament every year idea is crap. Either a coach has it or they dont.

FAU had only made the tournament once and never won a game. UCONN missed the tournament and is on their 3rd coach in 11 years. Miami missed the tournament 4 years in a row and has B2B Elite eights. Texas is on their third coach in the time Barnes has been at Tennessee.
San Diego St missed the tournament several years in a row and had two first round exits before their run.
This you have to make the tournament every year idea is crap. Either a coach has it or they dont.
Never said that schools don't have a chance to win without going to the tournament every year. You twist things I stated to suit your desired conclusion. My point was over the last 20 years the schools who have won the NC are those schools with coaches that have stayed long enough and built a program, hovered around the final 4 or final 8. Are there exceptions? I'm sure there are and you will cherry pick some stats to reach your own conclusion.

Never said that schools don't have a chance to win without going to the tournament every year. You twist things I stated to suit your desired conclusion. My point was over the last 20 years the schools who have won the NC are those schools with coaches that have stayed long enough and built a program, hovered around the final 4 or final 8. Are there exceptions? I'm sure there are and you will cherry pick some stats to reach your own conclusion.
I just point out illogical fallacies

VN Store

Back