Will the Vols really be in the top 25 next year?

The majority of the analyst and scouts believe he is top half in the SEC as a rising Jr. Only a very few lowly thought of fans believe different.

small.png

Reactions: 08Vol
I think Miss St is a win next year. They lost a lot of production. SC is a toss-up, and Bama, GA, and UF are losses. It will most likely be a 7-5 or 8-4 type year.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I'm hoping for 8 wins including the bowl.

If we finish at 5 wins again, with an easier schedule, that will.be disappointing.
If this team can’t win at minimum 7 next year then something is very very wrong!!! Most fans likely will give him till after the 2020 season before giving their overall assessment of Pruitt. I’m giving him at least that long myself....

If we end the regular season 7-5 and win the bowl to go 8-5 we will for sure be a Top 25 team at seasons end.
The only way we don’t end up ranked at 8-5 is ifbhe have 2 embarrassing losses outside of Al, UG and UF.
We had 7 embarrassing losses last year, 6 of which were by 25+ points. We can improve a good bit this year and still go 5-7, which I’d say is pretty likely.

Last edited:
As much as I would like it, I just don't see it.

Ga. State - win
BYU - toss up
UTC - win
UF - loss
UGa - loss
Miss State - toss up
Bama - loss
SC - win
UAB - win
UK - win
Mizzou - loss
Vandy - win

If we win both of my toss up predictions and the rest plays out as I predict, no Top 25. Win any one of the predicted losses, and 9-3 would exceed my wildest dreams.

Then again, I predicted 3-9 last season, so what do I know?
Both SCar and Vandy are toss-ups, at best.

Reactions: 08Vol and Titan05
This team looked bad last year for the majority of the games. Players were quiting during games. With the chance to make a bowl game we were blown out with reports of players not wanting to win and spend their Christmas break at a meaningless bowl. Pruitt even said (paraphrasing from a post game quote) “I’ve never seen anything like this, players are put in the proper position to make plays and are refusing to execute”.

Unless the majority of our starters are freshmen and sophomores we should expect more of the same. Butch was a bad coach but he connected with the players. A lot of guys on the team in 2017 blamed the losses on injures and feel Butch was unfairly forced out. They spent last year just going through the motions which resulted in blowout after blowout. I am disappointed to see so many of them still on the team as I don’t think Pruitt can inspire them to work and play at an SEC level.

VN Store

Back