Will the Vols really be in the top 25 next year?

Chryst did not produce a ton of TDs. And the wins were a team effort mainly Stanfords defense. And he got benched anyway! Which is why he left..

- Let's not bash JG. Cool👍.
- Chaney is here. Maybe he can push JG forward to new heights? Cool!!👍👍.

But this continued distortion of him being a "good" QB is disturbing....

WTF is wrong with you all??
You can support a player and still be critical and objective.

16 TDs in 20 + games played. He's not averaging even 1 TD a game!!!
Wake the hell up!

Wish him the best. Point out the lack of support around him, but DON'T paint a picture that's simply NOT true.

He did FINE??? No.
Auburn game 2018 is it so far.
KBVOL saying he's 3rd or 4th Best QB in conference???

Yea 3rd or 4th best QB in the conference might be a stretch. He might not have been the third best Qb if you only counted the QB's on UGA.

????

Chaney benched Sims for Bray when he needed to.

If JG continues to NOT produce (TDs, Points, Wins)...why would you want him in there still??

Don't any of you want to win again??????
He misunderstood my question and it wasn't an important point I was trying to make anyway, so I didn't correct him. We all know what the answer is.

I never understood this chrismcVol. Evidently you think what he said is crazy/dumb/delusional etc. What makes you think he's on drugs and why would you want to be like that?

Most here are saying 6-7 wins is about what they expect. That would have us in a bowl, and if we win the bowl that makes it 7-8. 8-9 is just 1 more win or exactly what most here are predicting. So while that might be a little optimistic, I don't think its all that far off. At least not as far as you're suggesting.

I guess what I'm saying is, maybe he's not the one on drugs.
Bc we are not gonna win that many hell we light to be happy if we even win 5 games again this year

????

Chaney benched Sims for Bray when he needed to.

If JG continues to NOT produce (TDs, Points, Wins)...why would you want him in there still??

Don't any of you want to win again??????
Not produce? He was our best offensive player last year.....that’s a relative statement I know, because nobody else outside of Callaway and Chandler occasionally was any good. JG can certainly improve and be better, and I expect he will, but I didn’t see anybody else winning national offensive player of the week or anything remotely close to that last year.

There’s zero doubt that he’ll be the starter this year. If he somehow falters, which I doubt, and either Shrout or Maurer can beat him out or play better when given the opportunity, I’m all for it, give me the best player so my team can win.

But until I see another UT QB play better, I’m gonna support and defend the kid that is giving his all (and his physical health/well-being) to the program.

Reactions: Rocky_top08
If we end the regular season 7-5 and win the bowl to go 8-5 we will for sure be a Top 25 team at seasons end.
The only way we don’t end up ranked at 8-5 is ifbhe have 2 embarrassing losses outside of Al, UG and UF.

If we end the regular season 7-5 and win the bowl to go 8-5 we will for sure be a Top 25 team at seasons end.
The only way we don’t end up ranked at 8-5 is ifbhe have 2 embarrassing losses outside of Al, UG and UF.
I personally don't give a rats behind if we're ranked or not. Just please look like a big time college football program and get better each week. Look hungry and motivated for victory every time they step on a field. Make the other team thank God or whoever or whatever they worship or give thanks to, that the game is over and they are still alive.

If that happens this year, there should be no reason that we aren't competing next year for more than a ranking.

In the East??
SC is trending down, Kentucky top out last year and we beat them and Vandy is looking for a QB , so there is 3 wins we get Mississippi State from the west and they lost tons of talent this team could win 8 games and with a BOWL VICTORY, we will have to turn down 4 star talent down like we did in the late 90's and early 2000's this is my 50th year as a VFL and i got a feeling it's about KICK AZZ TIME IN BIG ORANGE COUNTRY.

I personally don't give a rats behind if we're ranked or not. Just please look like a big time college football program and get better each week. Look hungry and motivated for victory every time they step on a field. Make the other team thank God or whoever or whatever they worship or give thanks to, that the game is over and they are still alive.

If that happens this year, there should be no reason that we aren't competing next year for more than a ranking.
Well said and I totally agree. If they can start doing what you said the rest will take care of itself. I think its gonna start happening this fall.

Reactions: Behr
There really isn’t any reason why we shouldn’t finish in the top 25 but not sure if we will due to recent history of not winning games we should win. I posted in another thread that we should NEVER lose to SC, KY, Vandy or KY. This nonesense needs to stop. No excuses. We should NOT be losing to teams of this caliber.

There really isn’t any reason why we shouldn’t finish in the top 25 but not sure if we will due to recent history of not winning games we should win. I posted in another thread that we should NEVER lose to SC, KY, Vandy or KY. This nonesense needs to stop. No excuses. We should NOT be losing to teams of this caliber.

Meant Missouri. Listed KY twice.

Ga, Al, and maybe Fl, I don't see us winning. The rest are winnable! 9 wins is very possible and if we do we will be in top 25

I still don’t think Florida is all that. As usual the game last year was a complete mental breakdown. Take away the ridiculous turnovers and shooting ourselves in the foot, I think the game would have been lot closer. Do I think we will beat FL this year? No, probably not based on the forgone conclusion that we will have a bunch of self inflicted wounds. However. On paper I don’t think we are as far from them as everyone thinks.

Gonna need at least 8 wins and look good doing it to get ranked. Cant squeak by with a couple of lucky calls or bounces while getting embarrassed in losses.
They can do it just gotta step up and perform.

Chryst did not produce a ton of TDs. And the wins were a team effort mainly Stanfords defense. And he got benched anyway! Which is why he left..

- Let's not bash JG. Cool👍.
- Chaney is here. Maybe he can push JG forward to new heights? Cool!!👍👍.

But this continued distortion of him being a "good" QB is disturbing....

WTF is wrong with you all??
You can support a player and still be critical and objective.

16 TDs in 20 + games played. He's not averaging even 1 TD a game!!!
Wake the hell up!

Wish him the best. Point out the lack of support around him, but DON'T paint a picture that's simply NOT true.

He did FINE??? No.
Auburn game 2018 is it so far.
KBVOL saying he's 3rd or 4th Best QB in conference???
The majority of the analyst and scouts believe he is top half in the SEC as a rising Jr. Only a very few lowly thought of fans believe different.

Reactions: KBVol
The majority of the analyst and scouts believe he is top half in the SEC as a rising Jr. Only a very few lowly thought of fans believe different.
You going to prison? How much are you going to be convicted for stealing from parents to promote their kids to colleges?

As much as I would like it, I just don't see it.

Ga. State - win
BYU - toss up
UTC - win
UF - loss
UGa - loss
Miss State - toss up
Bama - loss
SC - win
UAB - win
UK - win
Mizzou - loss
Vandy - win

If we win both of my toss up predictions and the rest plays out as I predict, no Top 25. Win any one of the predicted losses, and 9-3 would exceed my wildest dreams.

Then again, I predicted 3-9 last season, so what do I know?

VN Store

Back