Will new coach cuss? Do you care?

After careful consideration, I want a coach so profane his words melt the ears of young children and the elderly. I want a coach so foulmouthed that Bob Knight cringes at his language.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

After careful consideration, I want a coach so profane his words melt the ears of young children and the elderly. I want a coach so foulmouthed that Bob Knight cringes at his language.

Mean enough to make Andrew Dice Clay blush.

I hope he cusses everyone that doesn't give it there all. If they can't handle it then they can't make it in the NFL.Thats when we were at our best when we had NFL guys rollin through TN. The only NFL guys on the team this year is Berry and Colquitt IMO.

And at least he doesn't cuss, he just gets DUI's.

They can scream and holler and cuss all they want when a player screws up as long as they don't take the Lord's name in vain.....NO damn's or JC's.

I have no respect at all for Coach Saban now.
I'd take someone like Tony Dungy or Mark Richt over Saban any day...when they win, it is with class.

Richt was pretty classy playing UF last year huh?

It is amazing that some on this board are even remotely concerned with the choice of words, religious affiliation, et al of a new head football coach.

I have no clue....didn't watch it.
If he said damn or JC I have no respect for him either.
I'm sure none of them care what I think or feel...just stating my opinion...

Saban said some bad words - damn - JC - repeatedly after that kick at the end of the LSU game. The camera man zoomed in close to get the reaction. The networks know that if they zoom in on people like Saban they will get this behavior on TV purposefully.

I don't want to see a UT coach cussing on TV like that.
I've seen Fulmer curse saying BS but I've never seen Fulmer take the Lord's name in vain.

Does anyone else care about this?

Even if you don't care about the type of cursing, are you ok with any of it from a representative of your university?
I found our new staff:
OpieTaylor2_bw.jpg

It is amazing that some on this board are even remotely concerned with the choice of words, religious affiliation, et al of a new head football coach.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Why is it so amazing?

There have been some seriously funny comments made in this thread I must say.

On a serious note, however, it is a rare man that can be what a coach needs to be yet rein his tongue but I'd like to have him. Sadly, some people attribute strength and ability to a foul mouth.

Poor and foul vocabulary doesn't motivate. Strength, wisdom, and preparation motivates. It's a sign of the times when people attribute motivation to foul language.

Bring a coach with integrity, discipline and character who knows the game of football and who knows and understands the human nature and you'll bring a winner.

Unfortunately, you may find the needle in the haystack before you find such a man these days.

I'll take a Tony Dungy over a Nick Saban all day long.

I am amazed at the people who think being profane is a requirement to being a good coach.

This guy never went into profane tirades on the sideline.

bill-walsh-trophies-h073107.jpg

....but he really sucked as a coach, didn't he? :whistling:

I can't believe this is actually a thread...

Then don't waste your time
posting on it then. I think it takes a big man to hold his tongue and set a christian example in front of his players. I bet Vandy's coach gets more respect from his players because he chooses not to participate in ignorant behavior. Anybody can cuss, be a real man and learn how to express yourself using language that won't offend anyone.

I am amazed at the people who think being profane is a requirement to being a good coach.

I don't think he is available. :whistling:

After reading this thread, I hope the first words out of the new coaches mouth on accepting the job are, "Jesus Christ, it's damn good to be here."

Not a requirement but also not reason to turn someone down. Big difference. Don't kid yourself if you think the SF coach never uttered words that he couldn't repeat in mixed company.

Maybe we should just hire the Lord and Savior Jesus as our next head coach. I dont think he will cuss.

Nor would Jesus throw Daniel Lincoln in for a career long 50yd + field goal try (if you want to call it that)

VN Store

Back