Will Hooker come back next year?

Are players really making any money via NIL currently?
The only one I really heard about making professional money was Bryce Young. Don't know if the $ amount was rumor though.
I think when EA NCAA comes that may open up money $ to players...
If you don’t think that a player anointed as the savior of one of the countries most storied programs won’t get you paid. I don’t know what to tell you. The Qb at Clemson got a 6figure contract from DR Pepper based upon hype alone. He has been a disaster. HH will have some preseason Heisman hype also which will equate to a big payday.

My gut tells me he should return. He's in the best position to show this year wasn't a fluke, and continues with outstanding numbers in 2022. But that requires staying healthy.....and there's no guarantee of that. Still though it's a better chance than going in the late rounds and into obscurity.

So even if Hooker leaves, I say we hit the transfer portal again for a QB, as Tayven Jackson won’t be ready yet.

After this year, one would think UT would be a very attractive destination for a dual treat QB who likes to throw it all over the field. I truly believe Heupel’s offense will be conducive to us landing a quality signal caller. He has the ability to make a qb look great as long as they’re adept at running the uptempo. Anyone know of any big time QB’s who may be looking to transfer?

I hope he comes back, but I understand that he has to follow his own dreams. Whatever he does, we will never forget how he turned things around for Vol fans this year. We were looking at another losing season due to lackluster play from the QB. HH took over than all that changed. For that, we will never forget.

Something else that’s great about this year…going to a bowl have will be like another spring practice. Our players will get that much extra development for next year.

Is Hooker better than Dobbs? No. Dobbs went in the 7th round, so if I'm Hooker I stay even though it's a weak class he could rocket himself into the 1st or 2nd round with a great season.
Not sure about the first part of this

If you don’t think that a player anointed as the savior of one of the countries most storied programs won’t get you paid. I don’t know what to tell you. The Qb at Clemson got a 6figure contract from DR Pepper based upon hype alone. He has been a disaster. HH will have some preseason Heisman hype also which will equate to a big payday.
Guess we'll see...
I was just saying we all talk about NIL changing the game but not really hearing number figures but then they may just be keeping it close to their vest but if he comes out grading Round 1-3 he's gone

Due to the 2021 COVID rules in place Hooker is eligible to come back for one more year of College football. I hope he comes back but what is everyone hearing? I am sure he will of course say he focusing on finishing the season. Blah blah blah
why in the world are remotely thinking about this topic? It is game day today and ur wondering about anything next year? good gosh

If his agent promises a good draft slot — he’ll be gone

Kids can get feedback from the NFL. They don’t have to listen to an agent (and if they hire an agent, they can’t come back anyway). Alvin Kamara came back to Tennessee after his Redshirt So year after getting NFL feedback.

"... he has a chance to come back and be a Heisman candidate and get drafted in the first 2 rounds.

Dreaming. The only way that happens is if we get a boatload of quality transfers. We will lose too much to be better next year.

Dreaming. The only way that happens is if we get a boatload of quality transfers. We will lose too much to be better next year.

I see this from time to time. Who do you think we are going to lose? Jones and Payton are the only ones that exhaust their eligibility. Hoping the Jimmy's improve and step up to go with Tillman and Hyatt. That will be a pretty good top 4 WR core. All running backs are back. Cade might test the waters, but that is a stretch in my opinion. Defensively we will have to replace a lot and gain a lot of depth. We lose 4 DTs in the rotation, but Baron and Young are back on the edge. Need a ton of LB depth and an upgrade or 2 in the Secondary. Offensively, we should be good. Honestly, the one that will make me sweat more than any will be if Hooker decides to leave early since the QB class is rather anemic.

Edit: apparently Evans isn’t coming back. That sucks.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back