Will Berry stay all four years?

That would be fine if it were a binding contract that neither side could break...but it isn't. It isn't designed that way. So, if a kid wants to leave early, I don't tend to have a problem with it.

That is why I said to me a schollie is a binding contract.

Next year, if Berry continues to perform at the level he did this year, he should take out an insurance policy on himself and stay in school. To me a schollie is a binding contract that no side should be able to break. I am going to get hammered for this aren't I?
Certainly you think there's room for a non-performance clause or room to part ways because one side failed to live up to the terms of the deal.

Next year, if Berry continues to perform at the level he did this year, he should take out an insurance policy on himself and stay in school. To me a schollie is a binding contract that no side should be able to break. I am going to get hammered for this aren't I?

IIRC, schollies are for 1 year at a time. If a student on an academic scholarship at UT is offered millions to go work early should he be required to stay also?

Berry will stay until his junior year. It is almost unheard of for a DB to go into the pros after his sophomore year. I hope we can keep him all four years but I would almost bet he leaves after his junior year.

matt leinart was a fool to not leave early, he would have been #1 overall, and he stays and the next year he drops all the way to #10.

Berry will stay until his junior year. It is almost unheard of for a DB to go into the pros after his sophomore year.

He won't be able to go until his Junior year anyway. They've got to be 3 years out of high school before they can declare for the NFL Draft.

Berry will stay until his junior year. It is almost unheard of for a DB to go into the pros after his sophomore year. I hope we can keep him all four years but I would almost bet he leaves after his junior year.

You must be three years from high school to enter the draft.

matt leinart was a fool to not leave early, he would have been #1 overall, and he stays and the next year he drops all the way to #10.

I heard somewhere that his decision to stay was more a necessity than a lot of people knew. Apparently he had some injury issues.

I hope he stays all four, of course, but if he develops into the player that we all hope he'll become, then he'll be an easy top 10 pick after his junior year. At that point it's a crazy risk not to come out, at least if your goal is (like most of ours would be) to maximize your professional earnings. Very few players come from a background like Peyton Manning, who wasn't ever going to have to worry about money regardless of what happened.

Majoring in dentistry, huh? New options for a nickname and overall smack talk.

"You just got EXTRACTED!!"
:yes:

I hope he stays all four, of course, but if he develops into the player that we all hope he'll become, then he'll be an easy top 10 pick after his junior year. At that point it's a crazy risk not to come out, at least if your goal is (like most of ours would be) to maximize your professional earnings. Very few players come from a background like Peyton Manning, who wasn't ever going to have to worry about money regardless of what happened.

didn't his dad play in the NFL? i figured he came from a pretty wealthy family

Unless he's just really, really, really passionate about the ongoing battle against the dreaded gum disease, gingivitis, he won't be in Knoxville for his senior year.

If Eric continues to progress at the rate he did this year, he'd be crazy not to go pro after his junior season.

as was touched on early in the thread, it all depends on next year and the year after that. it will either take the lure of a NC or a Heisman to keep him his senior season. Eric "The Dentist" Berry <- i stole that from a UFC fighter

Unless he's just really, really, really passionate about the ongoing battle against the dreaded gum disease, gingivitis, he won't be in Knoxville for his senior year.

...and we have found the resident anti-dentite on Vol Nation.

VN Store

Back