Wide Recievers

Well i meant young as in not much playing time.

Who out of these guys can really step up big?/

We were supposed to be back to WR U. Can these guys carry the load??

I would honestly say Vinson and O'Neal can step up the most and that's because of their speed. They're both burners and that's the type of WR that Cutcliffe likes. Expect to see a lot of screens and short routes so Vinson and O'Neal can use their speed. Hancock came in as a underrated recruit and was passed up on the Florida teams, so he's got a little chip on his shoulder. He also has all the tools to become a great WR.

Basically the talent is there, it's just how well will the coaches coach them, use them to their strengths and which guys steps up and takes control of the WR cor.

yeah, if it wasn't for that darn season ending injury in spring camp. :glare:

what are you talking about? Hancock played against Florida and Memphis both and even against Cal if I'm not mistaken. He might have been injuried after that, but he wasn't injuried in spring ball :blink:

You know what i miss.

The damn bomb. I was watching Decade of Dominance yesterday. The bombs to Pickens made me shiver. WOW. Now that was exciting.

We need a deep threat.

Gerald Jones would be a freshman to keep your eyes on. Also if nobody can give us a spark at WR, you might see Eric Berry at WR some

Plenty of freshman talent coming in at the WR position. Kenny O'Neal, Brent Vinson, Gerald Jones, Todd Campbell, Tyler Maples, Eric Berry (if needed), and UT could still possibly pick up either Dwight Jones or Ahmad Paige.

I would honestly say Vinson and O'Neal can step up the most and that's because of their speed. They're both burners and that's the type of WR that Cutcliffe likes. Expect to see a lot of screens and short routes so Vinson and O'Neal can use their speed.
More screens? :ermm:

Well, we've heard all of this preseason hype about Quinton Hancock, that may be one. They've hyped up Josh Briscoe. That would be two. Lucas Taylor. is third. Austin Rogers or even Lamarcus Coker filling in at times?

Oh F*** NO Lucas Taylor, hell send him to Tennessee Tech or Austin Peay. He sucks !

Quintin Hancock, Lucas Taylor, Slick Shelley, Josh Briscoe, and Austin Rodgers are all going to have to step up their game. With the help of a few freshmen, UT should be okay at the WR position, espcially if Troop continues as the WR coach.

Plenty of freshman talent coming in at the WR position. Kenny O'Neal, Brent Vinson, Gerald Jones, Todd Campbell, Tyler Maples, Eric Berry (if needed), and UT could still possibly pick up either Dwight Jones or Ahmad Paige.

Maples is almost a lock to be redshirted. Campbell might aswell if the other guys step it up

Maples is almost a lock to be redshirted. Campbell might aswell if the other guys step it up

I wouldn't say anyone is "almost a lock" to be reshirted for next season at this point. You never know who's going to step up in the spring and summer. Maples and Campbell may redshirt their freshman year, but I wouldn't say either one of them is "almost a lock" at this point.

I wouldn't say anyone is "almost a lock" to be reshirted for next season at this point. You never know who's going to step up in the spring and summer. Maples and Campbell may redshirt their freshman year, but I wouldn't say either one of them is "almost a lock" at this point.

sorry...."I looks like they might redshirt" :)

i guess since bret smith can't keep his grades up then we aren't going to try to get him the fifth year of eligiblity. bc i haven't heard that rumor in a while.

We should get a lot out of O'Neil, he is a 5 star JUCO. If the hype surrounding Hancock pans out he should contribute. Hope they prove me wrong, but I see Taylor and Briscoe as servicable at best. Vinson could play a role.

Honestly, if Ainge stays on course I don't think we'll miss the current crop as much as we fear. We've got talent and a position coach (Trooper) whose track record would give rise to optimism. The kids are fast and can catch; if Aingle can get the ball there we'll be fine.

To that end I'm more worried about the D and O lines.

He's either a rFR or a SO. Not every good player starts out well. Meachem didn't play well until his JR year, so why is ANYBODY who's an underclassmen considered worthless now?

Meachem was one of the most highly recruited WRs to ever come out of Oklahoma

VN Store

Back