Why was 2009 a bust?

LittleDTO

We didnt get a lot of the guys we were targeting. What do we think was the problem?

hmmm....i dont know, i don't see any reason why...?

oh, well maybe its because we got an entirely new coaching staff and went 5-7 this past year.

It could possibly be that our coaches had at most 2 months with the kids.

Why are you such a fool for asking that question? Did you just get dragged out of a cave this week?

The problem was only having a staff in place for 2 months.

The problem was a piss-poor season last year.

The problem was an anemic offense with no help on the depth charts.

Jesus, why is this so hard to understand?

We didnt get a lot of the guys we were targeting. What do we think was the problem?

Having a coaching staff for 3 weeks and a HC for 2 months? Or maybe it was the 5-7 season this year and the 5-6 season in 05?

Are all of you pleople kidding me? Do you know what recruiting is about? RELATIONSHIPS!

We had no time to make RELATIONSHIPS with the recruits. Why is that so hard for some of you naive, over-anxious "fans" to understand?

Man your about to get a butt load of:

1. They didn't have time
2. Quality over quantity (what a crock)
3. They are only going after the top talent (another crock)
4. They wanted to make room for a bigger class next year
5. A myriad of other excuses that would in no way cast a negative shadow on Kiffin

For obvious reasons. We have a tremendous staff...but your don't build relationships in a short time. Next year is the year to debate this. We got some great surprises today....lets build on that.

1. They didn't have time
5. A myriad of other excuses that would in no way cast a negative shadow on Kiffin

man the muldoons are coming out of the wood work today. Go back to your sit and spins and we'll see you next year.

All things considered, if we land Oku.....I will be pleased with this recruiting year.

We got in way too late to have a top 10 class. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

It was not a bust. We actually improved over last year.

We lost a legendary head coack to a realitivly new guy on the block. Gave him 2 months to do what takes most 1-2 years. Also Kiffin talking about who fits and doesnt might scare kids away from trying to win a spot when its guarenteed through seniority at another school down the road. If next february comes along and this happens again then by all means be upset. Also alot of these kids have sever attitudes and kiffin doesnt want that he might get these recruits to be amazing. Loom at mccoy and bradford 3*'s one won a heisman the other runner up. If Kiffin is that good of a coach we will be just fine.

Kiffin refused to settle. If Failmer was still here, we wouldn't have gotten any of these elite guys we were targeting anyway, we would have just filled the void with Briscoe types that would never accomplish much.

Calling this class a bust is idiotic anyway. I'm looking at Freak's list and I see TWO guys we stole from the defending national champions and our #1 or #2 rival. I think some folks opinions and expectations are the only "busts" I see.

1. They didn't have time

So, what exactly does Fulmer's colon smell like?

We already have a commit from Smith for next year. Smith is a great start for next years class.

VN Store

Back