Why the lack of love for Hooker and infatuation with Levis in CBS mock draft

It is confirmation bias.

These "experts" have been fluffing Levis because of his "prototypical size" and "playing in a pro style offense" for 2 years now.

They don't want to admit they blew it and Levis is a head case who likely won't ever tap into those physical tools.

It is a QB starved league so some GM will overreach for him though.

This BS Mock Draft is just that...

BS

stay tuned for right before the actual draft

Go Vols!

The only legitimate thing to knock Hooker for in the NFL draft is his age. He will be the best QB in this draft, but he's a few years older also.

Reactions: Raebo
He looks the part that they think they like, even if he does not fill the role with his mental toughness, physical ability, grit, skill and talent.

This BS Mock Draft is just that...

BS

stay tuned for right before the actual draft

Go Vols!
All of the mock drafts done this early have the value of used toilet paper. The only NFL mock drafts that show some semblance of reality are the ones released by the NFL draft gurus and previous NFL GM's in the few days prior to the draft, and even some of them are flawed.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I'll go out on a short limb and state that: Only a complete idiot would draft Levis ahead of Bryce Young. I think Young compares favorably to Mahomes and will be a superstar with the right OC. Whoever passes on him will be wearing that mistake for years. Levis will at best be a starting QB on a lower tier team. Hooker vs. Levis has more upside as an NFL QB because he makes reads faster.

Reactions: Wireless1
they also underestimated Deshaun and Lamar. It's hard to judge dual threats, as it is difficult to project success in the NFL. There aren't many data points.

This list is trash. Levis and Richardson both are not going in the top 10. Whatever GM picks them in the top 10 will end up getting fired with a year or 2 afterwards. So no Tennessee player in the 1st round in this list is comical. The Reece Senior Bowl director has said Darnell Wright is the most improved lineman in the country. Wright was also graded at 92.1 last week which is high than any lineman in the country this week. Hyatt, Tillman, and Wright e all going in the 1st round with Hooker and Young a possible late 1st round to early 2nd round.

You don't keep up with NFL a lot. I think NFL is unimaginative at times and has odd ball picks in the draft. There are tons of QB busts every year.

Reactions: LittleVol
Most college quarterbacks in major programs have the physical tools to play in the NFL. Some more than others obviously.

What sets an elite player apart from a. Good player is between the ears. How quickly they can read the coverage, how they understand the protection and routes, and how they manage to snap and clear when a bad oaky happens.

Watch the great players. They play with passion but are not emotional if that makes sense.
A controled fire.

Reactions: WesternNCVol
Realistically, Hendon Hooker is 24yo and this year is when he's come into his own as a leader and elite QB.

He's older than several starting NFL QBs. He's taken a minute to shine. He's not displayed Jalen Hurts or the late Dwayne Haskins kind of "amazing young QB" stats the NFL, for whatever reason, seems to love to draft these days. If he had, he'd already be playing on Sunday.

Hooker has one truly great season going but it's not like he's been phenomenal his whole college career. Hurts would've been amazing at 19 at Alabama or OU........ Hooker was not amazing at VT.

The NFL sees this.

NFL scouts are the ultimate players of "Liars Poker". They'll leak bogus information to Kiper and McShane just to muddy the water or get other teams to start playing "what have we missed" on a guy. I really believe either 1 scout has a love affair with Levis or its all BS false info someone has fed them. Levis has measurables and that is all. Penn State chose the loser they have now over Levis after practicing him for 3 years. Noboby knows him better than James Franklin.

Reactions: igotworms
I get the knocks on HH but I don't get the love for Levis. He's performed like crap every game I've seen him play vs a decent opponent. I don't see extraordinary skills for an NFL QB. I see his ceiling as a good backup in the NFL like CJ Beathard...ceiling! I see him as a 4th round guy tops

VN Store

Back