Why the lack of love for Hooker and infatuation with Levis in CBS mock draft

2023 NFL Mock Draft: Quarterback, Quarterback, Quarterback - Visit NFL Draft on Sports Illustrated, the latest news coverage, with rankings for NFL Draft prospects, College Football, Dynasty and Devy Fantasy Football.

2. Houston Texans — QB Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
Too high for Hendon? Not really. Although the sixth-year senior is a bit older, he is a budding superstar who has finally figured out how to play the quarterback position at a high level. Hooker has been shredding defenses all season, and the Volunteers' recent victory over Alabama was the night that solidified his status as a first-round pick. Houston should be able to take full advantage of Hooker's unique skill set, given how lethal of a deep threat John Metchie III is. For a team that needs a franchise quarterback, Hooker fits the bill.

NFL is full of dumbasse$. There’s a reason bad teams keep drafting high in the draft

Walter Football 2023 Mock NFL Draft has Hendon Hooker going in the 2nd round to the Seahawks

WalterFootball.com: 2023 NFL Mock Draft: Second Continued
Walter Football is great for in depth info on upcoming classes, but they are the absolute worst when it comes to mock drafts and actual analysis. It’s one of the oldest sites (I’ve been reading it since 1999), but it’s basically 1 man’s opinion who doesn’t have a lot of ability to understand talent.

Mel Kiper said again this morning that Levis will still be the #1 QB taken. I can see it. His likeness is Josh Allen and Allen had many of these same issues in college. UK’s O line is awful and Levis has no time to go through his progressions, and there are lots of questions about their OC. I actually feel bad for the kid. Seems like a decent guy who has no help. I don’t know how he’ll pan out at the next level, but it is obvious he is in a bad situation at UK with the O line, play calling, and he’s been injured a lot from the pounding he has taken. It probably makes no sense to some, but the NFL scouts do not look at these guys like we do as college football fans. The metrics are entirely different, and apparently, according to people a lot smarter than us, he checks all of the boxes to warrant spending millions and banking the future of a NFL franchise on.

Levis 11 of 23 for 109 yards and 1 INT, 0 TDs vs Vandy. 18.2 QBR rating. I guess he could QB for the Titans Lol.

Reactions: mpfvol

VN Store

Back