WHY the CERTAINTY of Marvin Austin...???

VolNRaleighNC

I know several people on here have been saying that he's a near lock...but WHY? What's the concrete evidence as to your assuredness...Articles, Quotes, Inside Scoop, Etc.? :detective:

For all our sakes I hope you're right about Austin?!?!? :wink2:

Even the rivals article says that FSU is the team to beat for Austin. That was posted just yesterday.

I've only 2 people that have said he is a lock and they claim to have inside info. Most people don't think he is a Vol.

I'm not saying he is a Vol, but some people are very confident on him. I'd say FSU is the team to beat, but nobody knows with his recruitment.

Supposedly the order is as follows...

#1 FSU (they always finish strong AND I just think he'll want to go there)

#2 USC (distance is a big factor and MAYBE the unassuredness that their coaching staff is still united)

#3 UNC (no info. really other than B. Davis is a pretty good recruiter and he's pressing hard to get this guy)

#4 Tennessee/Illinois (I'd say we've got the edge over Illinois but who know's with the way Zook has been going)

It seems he enjoys seeing the talking heads bounce. Weren't the recruiting services saying he was certain for USC not long ago?

Wherever he ends up, it seems almost certain that he's playing them... Which since UT hasn't been "the place" may mean it is the place.

Illinois was dropped a while back. Maryland is the 5th. A friend of Rico claims that UNC and Maryland have no shot at all and that USC is too far away. He says it is a UT/FSU race but UT is likely the winner. Austin is just playing the recruiting game. But that is just hearsay from him.

It seems he enjoys seeing the talking heads bounce. Weren't the recruiting services saying he was certain for USC not long ago?

Wherever he ends up, it seems almost certain that he's playing them... Which since UT hasn't been "the place" may mean it is the place.

way to use that reverse psychology stuff... :good!:

Supposedly the order is as follows...

#1 FSU (they always finish strong AND I just think he'll want to go there)
Is there a reason or do you think that's what you'd think if you were him?

Personally, I don't think I would go to FSU and I like Bowden. They'll probably be the second best team in Florida for most of the next 4 years with or without Austin.

If you want to play against the best competition, the SEC is the place to be and he doesn't seem to be a kid that wants to fool with lightweights. UNC is unlikely to climb to the top in football no matter who coaches. Mack Brown did about as much as anyone before he made his escape. They just don't support it like BB.

Is there a reason or do you think that's what you'd think if you were him?

Personally, I don't think I would go to FSU and I like Bowden. They'll probably be the second best team in Florida for most of the next 4 years with or without Austin.

If you want to play against the best competition, the SEC is the place to be and he doesn't seem to be a kid that wants to fool with lightweights. UNC is unlikely to climb to the top in football no matter who coaches. Mack Brown did about as much as anyone before he made his escape. They just don't support it like BB.

I don't have any sources...I just think he'll go to FSU. If I'm wrong then heck, I'm wrong. For the Vols' sake I HOPE I AM WRONG!!! I do think playing in the SEC would be better than the ACC. ACC country is lame when it comes to football...it's all about basketball! Dude, I hope your reverse psychology works! I want him wearing orange! I was just messin' with you...it's all good! :salute:

BTW, their basketball arena was named for a BB coach. Their football stadium was named for a leader of a white supremicist rebellion in Wilmington during reconstruction.

Illinois was dropped a while back. Maryland is the 5th. A friend of Rico claims that UNC and Maryland have no shot at all and that USC is too far away. He says it is a UT/FSU race but UT is likely the winner. Austin is just playing the recruiting game. But that is just hearsay from him.

speaking of Rico Mccoy. I'm really really really surprised he isn't getting much notice. The season he has will have huuuge impact (whether pos. or neg.) on the team. Is he going to start?

I think the problem last year was McCoy and Mayo played the same position, and Mayo was simply playing better.

Newest article on Marvin Austin quotes him as saying FSU, UNC, UT, and USC are all even. Geez, this guys recruiting is a circus.

I cant get any kind of read on him. I usually only make predictions when I have some type of inclination about where they are going. With Austin, he is all over the place. I would not be surprised in the least bit if he goes to FSU or UT. I would be slighly surprised if he went to USC or UNC. That is the only gut feeling I have at this point. But, nothing he does could be considered a true shock.

Im thinking FSU because that is his last "official" visit, if I'm not mistaken. And they are consistent in his talks

Yeah, if he does not make a shocking pick then it will be FSU. They are certainly the team that appears to be the leader. But, he keeps talking like his pick is going to be a shocker so if that is the case then it would not seem like FSU is likely because that would not be much of a shock.

I think he was just talking for the sake of talking when he made that comment. He probably doesnt even know where he's headed right now.

VN Store

Back