WHY the CERTAINTY of Marvin Austin...???

No, I don't have any inside information that anybody else doesn't have. I've just thought for along time that he's ours. Am I certain? No, confident? Yes

No, I don't have any inside information that anybody else doesn't have. I've just thought for along time that he's ours. Am I certain? No, confident? Yes
so your confident for no apparent reason? I dont think he'll be commiting to UT because you think for a long time he is ours lol.

yeah because he pretty much has ruled us out?? do you have sources besides your gut that says we are still in it?

I have a good feeling about this kid..but mine is all gut too :peace2:

If all the talk about "shocking the world" is true, then I think we have a great shot. He's jumped around with other schools, but he's never really said we're a leader. I think that works in our advantage if he wants to shock people, pick somewhere people don't expect him to go...that's us! :dance: Or Illinois :eek:hmy: , but I think they are out.

yeah because he pretty much has ruled us out?? do you have sources besides your gut that says we are still in it?

He has never stated that we are out of it, in fact he always states that TN is right in the mix. I don't think that he has ever said that we are the leader but I don't think that means much because his supposed leader or leaders changes from week to week. I don't know what is going on inside his head but trying to look at it from his vantage point I would see this. USC - great school, great football program making it very appealing but a hard choice because it's 2,300 miles from home. UNC - Nice place, good school, football program has a promising new HC but is a hard choice because the program is in rough shape and will take at least 2 or 3 years to be competetive much less win any kind of championship. Maryland - football championship most unlikely but hey it's home so can't count them out. Illinois - Zook makes an appealling case but hey it's Illinois football we are talking about, unlikely. FSU - Nice area, beautiful women,great football tradition, legendary HC, very appealing but program declining, unsure if coaching staff will remain in place throughout career. UT- Great football tradition, great facilities, huge fanbase, great national stage, playing in front 105,000+ at home games and usually at least 85,000+ on road games, chance to play in best and most competetive conference in CB, opportunity to play with already great defensive recruiting class, possibly nations #1 overall class if he signs, stable coaching staff with a good and likeable postion coach, That is what I would objectively see if I were him and that would send me to UT, but I'm not him of course. Out of all the schools he has remaining on his final list, everything just seems to point to UT. There are some people on other forums that say he is a lock for us and that he is already a silent commit, I wouldn't go that far but in the end I think he is a VOL. Now having said that if he signs anywhere else forget you read this. :) :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

UT- Great football tradition, great facilities, huge fanbase, great national stage, playing in front 105,000+ at home games and usually at least 85,000+ on road games, chance to play in best and most competetive conference in CB, opportunity to play with already great defensive recruiting class, possibly nations #1 overall class if he signs, stable coaching staff with a good and likeable postion coach, That is what I would objectively see if I were him and that would send me to UT, but I'm not him of course. Out of all the schools he has remaining on his final list, everything just seems to point to UT. There are some people on other forums that say he is a lock for us and that he is already a silent commit, I wouldn't go that far but in the end I think he is a VOL. Now having said that if he signs anywhere else forget you read this. :) :crossfingers: :crossfingers:[/QUOTE]

Great post, i love the info on ut... if i was a recruit considering ut i would pic the vols simply because of this explanation, u deserve a job as a recruiter for the vols because it is very convincing... Now i just hope Austin, Jones, and Corley read this post :lol:

UT- Great football tradition, great facilities, huge fanbase, great national stage, playing in front 105,000+ at home games and usually at least 85,000+ on road games, chance to play in best and most competetive conference in CB, opportunity to play with already great defensive recruiting class, possibly nations #1 overall class if he signs, stable coaching staff with a good and likeable postion coach, That is what I would objectively see if I were him and that would send me to UT, but I'm not him of course. Out of all the schools he has remaining on his final list, everything just seems to point to UT. There are some people on other forums that say he is a lock for us and that he is already a silent commit, I wouldn't go that far but in the end I think he is a VOL. Now having said that if he signs anywhere else forget you read this. :) :crossfingers: :crossfingers:[/QUOTE]

Great post, i love the info on ut... if i was a recruit considering ut i would pic the vols simply because of this explanation, u deserve a job as a recruiter for the vols because it is very convincing... Now i just hope Austin, Jones, and Corley read this post :lol:

Austin is just playing this out for all it's worth. When it's all said and done players go where they are the most comfortable, based on that, wouldnt he be most comfortable with his best bud Rico.

VN Store

Back