Why Randy Moss didn't sign with UT

It was a joke. He was on the MNF Manning cast last night and Eli set him up

Don't tell that vilifying-loving folks. They prefer to jump on the most trivial reason to vilify someone, whether it be an incident from the days of dinosaurs, or today. It's what society has become today, taking everything personal, being condemning, and well..., you know. They'd like toperceive themselves and the UT as faultless and all. As for Moss, he might have fit right in. We were UThug in those days, as our opponents insisted on calling us, not without merit. His presence could have further justified the claim.

BS!

1995 After signing a letter of intent to play his college football at Notre Dame, Moss took part in a racially-motivated fight at his high school in Belle, West Virginia. Moss pled guilty to battery and received probation and a 30-day suspended jail sentence. Because of the incident, Notre Dame revoked his scholarship.

1996 While serving a 30-day jail sentence related to the previous incident, Moss tested positive for marijuana, violating his probation. He was released from the Florida State football program and served 60 extra days in jail for the probation violation.

Moss had one recurring football dream: playing for Notre Dame. He and his brother used to fight over who loved the Irish more.
“Usually we’d start naming players, All-Americans, Heismans, numbers, ‘Back in this day who wore number so and so,’ ” Moss says, explaining the competition. “It was like a trivia game, really. Who likes them the most.”
Moss was in heaven the day Notre Dame sent him a questionnaire. There would be no recruiting war. Moss was going to South Bend.
Both can be true. He could have easily used Peyton not being available to remove Tennessee from the equation because he was looking for a reason. Either way, it worked out for both parties.

It was a joke people. He was giving Peyton a hard time last night on the NFL broadcast on ESPN2 that Peyton and Eli do. Randy was the guest for a quarter and he was laughing and telling that story. Not a big deal.
How do you know this!?

BS!

1995 After signing a letter of intent to play his college football at Notre Dame, Moss took part in a racially-motivated fight at his high school in Belle, West Virginia. Moss pled guilty to battery and received probation and a 30-day suspended jail sentence. Because of the incident, Notre Dame revoked his scholarship.

1996 While serving a 30-day jail sentence related to the previous incident, Moss tested positive for marijuana, violating his probation. He was released from the Florida State football program and served 60 extra days in jail for the probation violation.

Moss had one recurring football dream: playing for Notre Dame. He and his brother used to fight over who loved the Irish more.
“Usually we’d start naming players, All-Americans, Heismans, numbers, ‘Back in this day who wore number so and so,’ ” Moss says, explaining the competition. “It was like a trivia game, really. Who likes them the most.”
Moss was in heaven the day Notre Dame sent him a questionnaire. There would be no recruiting war. Moss was going to South Bend.

There was never any doubt that Moss was signing with ND. He eventually screwed that up, as well as Florida State, but ND is where he always wanted to play.

It took him awhile, but I give him kudos for growing into what seems like a reasonably well-settled adult.

And yes, he was just messing with Peyton last night.

Reactions: WillisWG
It was a joke people. He was giving Peyton a hard time last night on the NFL broadcast on ESPN2 that Peyton and Eli do. Randy was the guest for a quarter and he was laughing and telling that story. Not a big deal.

THANK YOU!!!!
And holy Shnike some of you love to get offended for any reason at all.

If you were watching the MNF and the Manning-cast, it was clearly good-natured joking between two guys who have a friendly relationship.

NEW FLASH: Eli also asked Robin Givens to tell Peyton to quit being so mean to him. That was also not meant to be taken seriously. :rolleyes:

Didn't he rule out Notre Dame because they didn't have waffles for him?

Never heard that one, but would not surprise me. Randy have a quirk about the things he eats. Very picky.

As I recall, he actually went to Notre Dame for a brief time. But, couldn't handle the academic side

In those days, Notre Dame made you work for a degree.

Never heard that one, but would not surprise me. Randy have a quirk about the things he eats. Very picky.

As I recall, he actually went to Notre Dame for a brief time. But, couldn't handle the academic side

Never enrolled. Was committed and had the offer yanked after a fight at his high school. Since he was on probation, he got booted from FSU after he failed a drug test.

If I am remembering correctly, he ruled out Notre Dame because he got into some kind of trouble before signing day. ND pulled the offer and he signed with Florida State. He got in more trouble before playing there and ended up at Marshall.

Reactions: 67Vol

His dietary "quirks" are what got him tossed from the Vikings in his second stint in the late 2000a.

Threw food from the postgame spread everywhere screaming about how it was dog feces.

To whoever posted about him being a reasonably well adjusted adult, no he's not.

He, like so many others, can maintain the illusion for an hour or two though. In the end, if it's doesn't benefit Randy, he really doesn't care.

Never enrolled. Was committed and had the offer yanked after a fight at his high school. Since he was on probation, he got booted from FSU after he failed a drug test.

Ok. Yeah, I forgot about the FSU stop.

Fantastic athlete,

I had literally a front row seat the day Vince Young threw his shoulder pads into crowd in Nashville. The Titans were playing the Redskins. Haynesworth stood on sidelines the majority of the afternoon for Washington. Vince got hurt, our back up was already hurt, so we had a third string big headed redhaired guy named Rusty leading our final drive.

Vince wanted back in game badly. With defense still on the field, w/a hurt hand, he grabbed a ball and started throwing. The guy who volunteered to catch him was future hall-of-famer Randy Moss. Fisher refused to listen or put Young back into game. Rusty lead us to defeat. Vince looked good warming up to me. We could have been a contenda...instead, we were bums.

“When I went to Tennessee, all I heard was Peyton Manning’s in Virginia at a family member’s house, he’s trying to drive back here just to recruit you,” said Moss during the broadcast. “And I was like ‘if he’s driving here to recruit me, why isn’t he here right now to get me’. So it was kind of like Peyton being late, he wasn’t punctual. So that was the reason I didn’t become a Volunteer.”

Hall of Fame WR Randy Moss hilariously explains why he didn't sign with Tennessee

Manning to Moss would have been a beautiful thing.

He wasn't gonna last past the 1st semester of English 101 anyway. Nothing was lost here.

VN Store

Back