Why Randy Moss didn't sign with UT

VolForLife83

“When I went to Tennessee, all I heard was Peyton Manning’s in Virginia at a family member’s house, he’s trying to drive back here just to recruit you,” said Moss during the broadcast. “And I was like ‘if he’s driving here to recruit me, why isn’t he here right now to get me’. So it was kind of like Peyton being late, he wasn’t punctual. So that was the reason I didn’t become a Volunteer.”

Hall of Fame WR Randy Moss hilariously explains why he didn't sign with Tennessee

Manning to Moss would have been a beautiful thing.

BS!

1995 After signing a letter of intent to play his college football at Notre Dame, Moss took part in a racially-motivated fight at his high school in Belle, West Virginia. Moss pled guilty to battery and received probation and a 30-day suspended jail sentence. Because of the incident, Notre Dame revoked his scholarship.

1996 While serving a 30-day jail sentence related to the previous incident, Moss tested positive for marijuana, violating his probation. He was released from the Florida State football program and served 60 extra days in jail for the probation violation.

Moss had one recurring football dream: playing for Notre Dame. He and his brother used to fight over who loved the Irish more.
“Usually we’d start naming players, All-Americans, Heismans, numbers, ‘Back in this day who wore number so and so,’ ” Moss says, explaining the competition. “It was like a trivia game, really. Who likes them the most.”
Moss was in heaven the day Notre Dame sent him a questionnaire. There would be no recruiting war. Moss was going to South Bend.

Last edited:
“When I went to Tennessee, all I heard was Peyton Manning’s in Virginia at a family member’s house, he’s trying to drive back here just to recruit you,” said Moss during the broadcast. “And I was like ‘if he’s driving here to recruit me, why isn’t he here right now to get me’. So it was kind of like Peyton being late, he wasn’t punctual. So that was the reason I didn’t become a Volunteer.”

Hall of Fame WR Randy Moss hilariously explains why he didn't sign with Tennessee

People using that as an excuse like they’ve never been late a day in their life lol

The real question is

Who the hell would have stopped us?

Fulmers conservative coaching?

I know it's one guy, but we would have added one of the three greatest wide receivers of all time to a team with three other NFL receivers on it and one of the top three quarterbacks of all time.

Yeah I know we lost to Florida and Nebraska killed us, but no one in the world could stop Randy Moss back then..like he eviscerated the NFL receiving TD record his rookie year

Peyton could have just thrown it up to him and he'd Moss them

And then there's Joey Kent, Peerless Price, Marcus Nash, McCullough etc.

And then all the NFL running backs

We would have been a dynasty

DBFE396A-FE6F-4136-96EE-719520675225.jpeg

Near the end of career, Randy was a Titan.

He never would have lasted academically at Tennessee or any other decent P5 school. Nice guy, smart man, not a book type.

It was a joke people. He was giving Peyton a hard time last night on the NFL broadcast on ESPN2 that Peyton and Eli do. Randy was the guest for a quarter and he was laughing and telling that story. Not a big deal.

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
He was one of the 4 finalists for the Hypeman the year Manning got screwed out of his trophy. When they rolled video tape of him playing at Marshall, he literally looked like a deer running wild among defenders. They couldn't stop him. He was the best receiver I have ever seen in that Hypeman video.

Reactions: Doberman

VN Store

Back