Why not to make the U.T. vs Memphis U. game regular -

1/2 cent paid for wisemans family to move to memphis, was in nashville before, thats why he aint playing now.

Penny wasn't a UofM employee in 2017 and not only did the NCAA know about the 11,500 they cleared him anyway.

sitting Wiseman out 12 games is WAY better than not having him at all IMHO.

From a competitive standpoint, it makes sense but from a $$$ standpoint, it makes little sense. Why would we give up a home game to go play at Memphis?

hey, we've got an IPF to pay for...just do like Arkansas and offer Memphis a 2-for-1 with a million dollar check included. We'll take it in a second.

Penny wasn't a UofM employee in 2017 and not only did the NCAA know about the 11,500 they cleared him anyway.

sitting Wiseman out 12 games is WAY better than not having him at all IMHO.
He wasn’t a UOfM employee, but was considered (by the NCAA) as a booster for the school.

...Of course Tennessee should be playing Memphis . I understand why RB is hesitant because if the NCAA is going to let him cheat than we aren't going to play them. If they want to be a respectable opponent, then we should play that game. I agree with Uof Memphis, it should be every other year or every three years, not every year. It's not a conference rivalry. But, Tennessee does need to play Memphis for recruiting. If you diss Memphis, what does that say to the Memphis athletes? You know, we just got three LB's oughta there!
So, I suppose we got Corey Walker, Jaden Springer, and Keon Johnson, the nucleus of the best recruiting class ever, because we have played Memphis 2 years in a row? No, there is no evidence from the past that we have benefited greatly from recruiting Memphis.

We lead the series in wins so I would guess it's more beneficial to them, to keep the series going. They do not play in a Power 5 conference so the more games they can get vs P5 top 25 teams is a must for getting a top 3 seed.

Never never never have a long-term regular game with any American Athletic Conference, Ohio Valley Conference, Southern Conference, etc team.

Absolutely nothing to gain playing one of those.

I'm for playing North Carolina every year.

Never never never have a long-term regular game with any American Athletic Conference, Ohio Valley Conference, Southern Conference, etc team.

North Carolina isn't scheduling us.

Memphis will but only for the money. They have nothing to gain in East Tennessee. Pember will be a stud for us but he wouldn't average an appearance a month at Memphis.

Why not just schedule Duke? Kentucky wouldn't play us if they didn't have to.

Murray State
Wichita State
Cincinnati

We'd be lucky to have them return a call.

Benefits them...doesn’t benefit us.
I disagree.

Memphis makes more playing in the FedEx Forum in a month than they would if they played all their games in Knoxville.

They have no reason whatsoever to play in Knoxville other than for sport. No talent to recruit, less money. Nothing but abuse from a football school that has a basketball team.

Because it creates a competition mentality of us vs them in recruiting. A Memphis or W TN. prospect will more like identify with that concept
if we play Memphis regularly. That is what Penny was trying to instill in his antics last year. Now he wins and is suddenly gracious after the game,
& says he is in favor of the (rivalry) game on a yearly basis.
Plus, ask yourself why doesn't Coach Barnes seem to be excited about playing them every year ?

Plus, ask yourself why doesn't Coach Barnes seem to be excited about playing them every year ?

Did we already have that series booked prior to Coach Barnes?

I know he is all for playing a tough schedule and I concur.

However, there is no need to voluntarily expose our children / grandchildren to the foul-mouth rouges of Memphis.

We want to hang with a semi-classy fan-base.

If we have to read all the CRAP about it like we have since renewing the series I hope we never play them again after Nashville. Good grief. give it a rest.

Reactions: CJBlaze
I disagree.

Memphis makes more playing in the FedEx Forum in a month than they would if they played all their games in Knoxville.

They have no reason whatsoever to play in Knoxville other than for sport. No talent to recruit, less money. Nothing but abuse from a football school that has a basketball team.
Yea another "UT Fan" post from you :rolleyes:

Penny is a cheater and who gives a F about what Memphis thinks we get better recruits elsewhere and out successful teams had players from NY, OH, SC, NC, FL, GA. Why only focus on a city where cheating, playing players, sucking up to idiotic HS coaches egos, and accepting subpar academic cases take so much time?

Memphis is midmajor trash and don’t deserve to be in our state let alone our opponent. They won yesterday because Tennessee beat themselves. And it will be their biggest win of the season. Pointless
It's fans like you that make it hard for West Tennesseans to pull for the Vols!

VN Store

Back