Why not to make the U.T. vs Memphis U. game regular -

mytenn

Because it creates a competition mentality of us vs them in recruiting. A Memphis or W TN. prospect will more like identify with that concept
if we play Memphis regularly. That is what Penny was trying to instill in his antics last year. Now he wins and is suddenly gracious after the game,
& says he is in favor of the (rivalry) game on a yearly basis.

Reactions: RollerVol
Because it creates a competition mentality of us vs them in recruiting. A Memphis or W TN. prospect will more like identify with that concept
if we play Memphis regularly. That is what Penny was trying to instill in his antics last year. Now he wins and is suddenly gracious after the game,
& says he is in favor of the (rivalry) game on a yearly basis.
Also, bashing Penny by us is not going to help matters in recruiting in W. Tn

Reactions: RollerVol
I look at the Memphis vs TN hoops series like I look at the Memphis vs Ole Miss football series.

they're both great series but playing it too often can make it stale....there needs to be a break from time-to-time.

I'd like to see Memphis offer Louisville the same deal as UT. home-home with a third game in Nashville.

Also, bashing Penny by us is not going to help matters in recruiting in W. Tn
Penny is a cheater and who gives a F about what Memphis thinks we get better recruits elsewhere and out successful teams had players from NY, OH, SC, NC, FL, GA. Why only focus on a city where cheating, playing players, sucking up to idiotic HS coaches egos, and accepting subpar academic cases take so much time?

Memphis is midmajor trash and don’t deserve to be in our state let alone our opponent. They won yesterday because Tennessee beat themselves. And it will be their biggest win of the season. Pointless

Penny is a cheater and who gives a F about what Memphis thinks we get better recruits elsewhere and out successful teams had players from NY, OH, SC, NC, FL, GA. Why only focus on a city where cheating, playing players, sucking up to idiotic HS coaches egos, and accepting subpar academic cases take so much time?

Memphis is midmajor trash and don’t deserve to be in our state let alone our opponent. They won yesterday because Tennessee beat themselves. And it will be their biggest win of the season. Pointless

^ comin strong ^

Reactions: Rickyvol77
we get better recruits elsewhere and out successful teams had players from NY, OH, SC, NC, FL, GA. Why only focus on a city where cheating, playing players, sucking up to idiotic HS coaches egos, and accepting subpar academic cases take so much time?

They won yesterday because Tennessee beat themselves. And it will be their biggest win of the season. Pointless

for every Alex Lomax, Tyler Harris, and James Wiseman there is a Boogie Ellis (San Diego, CA), Precious Achiuwa (Queens, NY), and Lester Quinones (Brentwood, NY)

I have no issue with the basketball series. It makes sense from a $$$$ standpoint, scheduling/resume standpoint, and fan standpoint.

Reactions: k-town_king

Someone hasn't had their morning coffee yet

The fact that Penny is a cheater is not reason to cancel the series.

Coach K is a cheater yet we'd love to have a home and home with Duke. We've scheduled Kansas, Louisville, and UNC in the past and those schools wake up cheating and go to sleep cheating.

Reactions: knucklehead_vol
...Of course Tennessee should be playing Memphis . I understand why RB is hesitant because if the NCAA is going to let him cheat than we aren't going to play them. If they want to be a respectable opponent, then we should play that game. I agree with Uof Memphis, it should be every other year or every three years, not every year. It's not a conference rivalry. But, Tennessee does need to play Memphis for recruiting. If you diss Memphis, what does that say to the Memphis athletes? You know, we just got three LB's oughta there!

I don't know about every single season. I say every other. Play it in Nashville every time. That way there is no home advantage (not like that helped UT yesterday, lol) and it is almost smack in the middle of the state in the Capital. That way it brings East Tennessee, West Tennessee and Middle Tennessee together in a great town for tourism. It would be a HUGE hit for all!

Actually a football series seems like it would be interesting right now. Memphis is as high as they've ever been and we're on our way back up. It would be a good game, though not sure how good in a few years. Memphis still gains way more from it than we would but it would be good in a "good for the state" type way.

Reactions: knucklehead_vol
Actually a football series seems like it would be interesting right now. Memphis is as high as they've ever been and we're on our way back up. It would be a good game, though not sure how good in a few years. Memphis still gains way more from it than we would but it would be good in a "good for the state" type way.

It would be cool to play every other season and play football and basketball on opposite years. Both played in Nashville. At the Bridgestone Arena and Nissan Stadium.

It would be cool to play every other season and play football and basketball on opposite years. Both played in Nashville. At the Bridgestone Arena and Nissan Stadium.

Yeah I could see it as a Kickoff type game at Nissan Stadium, and the basketball in mid December like it usually is.

Reactions: madbamahater
...Of course Tennessee should be playing Memphis . I understand why RB is hesitant because if the NCAA is going to let him cheat than we aren't going to play them. If they want to be a respectable opponent, then we should play that game. I agree with Uof Memphis, it should be every other year or every three years, not every year. It's not a conference rivalry. But, Tennessee does need to play Memphis for recruiting. If you diss Memphis, what does that say to the Memphis athletes? You know, we just got three LB's oughta there!

And a DT and a RB.

Memphis doesn't deserve to be in our State? What the hell? I like Memphis for many reasons. Get over yourself.

Memphis is nearly as old as our State. Founded by John Overton, James Winchester and Andrew Jackson. Some big heavy weights in our Nations history, let alone our State.

The fact that Penny is a cheater is not reason to cancel the series.

Coach K is a cheater yet we'd love to have a home and home with Duke. We've scheduled Kansas, Louisville, and UNC in the past and those schools wake up cheating and go to sleep cheating.

hell, y'all play LSU and Will '[expletive] strong-ass offer' Wade every season...

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
For the life of me......I don't understand how that dude still has a job and isn't banned for several years. Who is he paying off?? Disgraceful!! Possibly even in prison for a year or two??

just like Sean Miller is still doing his thing at Arizona.

From a competitive standpoint, it makes sense but from a $$$ standpoint, it makes little sense. Why would we give up a home game to go play at Memphis?

Reactions: VolsFan-TX
for every Alex Lomax, Tyler Harris, and James Wiseman there is a Boogie Ellis (San Diego, CA), Precious Achiuwa (Queens, NY), and Lester Quinones (Brentwood, NY)
1/2 cent paid for wisemans family to move to memphis, was in nashville before, thats why he aint playing now.

VN Store

Back