Why not make the refs take questions after games

Had the TV announcers not mentioned the double dribble, 99% of us would not know it was a double dribble. It happens all the time, referees should be the announcers, even they didn't call it when it happened.
Truth... I chalk that one up to equalizing out where there were some “hacks on the arms” that I thought Auburn got away with late. And the one at the end of the game was a foul.

What I have an issue with is as long as they call the game the same way throughout, especially when they let them “play”, then I’m good. It’s when they go 30 minutes in the game letting them play, and then all the sudden start calling every touch foul imaginable is what I don’t like. Kinda like the ump that changes his strike zone.

I think you have to train your players to keep their feet on the floor on a last possession three with hands up and just live with the results of the shot. We got burned twice this season odds are if we don't leave the floor we win at least on of those.

Reactions: njvols
It was an easy DD call!!! All the nonsense people are spewing about it’s “rare” or whatever is disingenuous! All refs should catch that and call it 💯 % of the time! No excuses unless rigged! We all saw it three weeks in a row! The corruption is disgusting!
Missed calls happen. You can go on any of the fan boards after all these close games in tourney and it’s alwasy the refs. I’d contend that the only true bias and corruption I saw this year was LSU homer refs a game and makes calls which impact our opportunity for and SEC regular season championship.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
They are held accountable...just not to biased reporters and fans. And, IMO, that's as it should be. The league and officials offices evaluate without bias. Reporters and fans usually have an allegiance to a school one way or the other. They'll be interested in throwing as much shade on an official as possible....well...half the room will anyway. You know how that scene would play out. It serves no purpose other than to have refs swallow their whistles and avoid making tough calls. A public, antagonistic lynching of refs during a post game grilling from biased media after controversial calls...yeah, that's gonna solve all the problems with officiating. They sure as hell aren't paid enough to deal with that chit game after game, year after year.
It was an easy DD call!!! All the nonsense people are spewing about it’s “rare” or whatever is disingenuous! All refs should catch that and call it 💯 % of the time! No excuses unless rigged! We all saw it three weeks in a row! The corruption is disgusting!

Personally I wish they could be drawn and quartered for some of the calls they make. In the Iowa game they called a foul on Turner when he went after a block on a three point shooter where instant replay showed he never touch the shooter, they reviewed it and still called it a foul. They must have had money on the game.

Reactions: Godfatha
Why? Because the NCAA is corrupted. Every sport has replay except college. college sports are a rip-off joke for us and the players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big time vol
Those refs should have to pay scalper prices for watching the game.

Bennett used a lifetime of luck to win that game. Down the stretch his team and him had no clue how to score vs Auburn. He was saved by the foul. Otherwise America would be asking today why he couldn’t call a TO and get his team a decent shot.

Reactions: Big time vol
With as much gambling money floating around as there are they should have to undergo a yearly evaluation process on par with working for the CIA.

I agree and disagree. Refs get graded out around 90-95% and whatever remains gets questioned by fans and media. For the most part, they get things right. However, when they get something wrong, you always hear about it, especially in the social media age when everything is magnified and there’s a million different angles. They are considered professionals and should be treated as such. When coaches and players make mistakes throughout the course of the game in any sport, they have to face the media. It’s a shame that the NCAA, NFL, NBA, and MLB shields these officials from the public. It’s also a shame that there’s one pool reporter who gets only a couple minutes to ask the refs any questions, and most of the time, you don’t get the answer that you want because they don’t have any personal accountability. Out of the NCAA, MLB, NBA, and NFL, the NCAA is the worst when it comes to officials.

The MLB, NBA, and NFL have the better officials because they pay more and they are the highest level of there sports and the officials that get there are usually the best ones from the minor leagues in MLB or the NCAA acts as the minor leagues for the NBA and NFL(Also the D-League for the NBA). Plus the MLB, NBA, and NFL all have a centralized officiating association. So the training is the same for all the officials and all the points of emphasis are the same for all officials. The NCAA Conferences employ their own officials so the training is different, the points of emphasis are different, and they only pull officials from the surrounding geographic region(partly because officials pay for their own travel). Plus for most college officials they aren't making enough for officiating to be a full time job like it is in the professional leagues. So untill they go to a national system for college officiating and make it a full time job I don't have much hope it will "improve" as much as people think it needs to improve.

Reactions: VolNExile
I actually would too. The foul at the end was legit. The DD was horrible. Overall I thot it was called great. Mentioned it at half and end how much zebras let the game flow be played.

But here and in FB it would be nice to get a "here's what we saw" or "here's what we missed" after games. Prob opens up a big can of worms. But, man refs have so much influence over games and their flow.
As defensive as those guys are, it would be a short Q&A session. They would always claim they made NO mistakes. In addition, it would take a dozen cops to protect them.

Reactions: livefaith

VN Store

Back