Why no change will occur.

Any complaints about the defense are on the offense for their 3 and out habit.

BS. So it’s the offenses fault that we can’t get a pass rush? It’s the offenses fault the DBs ard incapable of defending a slant? Its the offenses fault that we can’t tackle or defend the middle of the field? It’s the offenses fault our DBs get torched on a consistent basis?

GTFO with that crap.

Do you really think so? I disagree, I think each team has used different protocols within there own programs. I think our team who is certainly leaning on young players have been significantly hurt by the delayed, interrupted and substandard start to the year... we’ve had two solid weeks of practice. I think we will see improvement

UT has had one of the easier COVID situations compared to other teams - Pruitt has no excuse

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Pruitt did a good job winning close games against bad to mediocre teams. He did a good job rallying the team after GSU, BYU, and UF to start the season. Those are true. However...

1. The team struggles making adjustments. That has been the case since Y1G1.

2. Team struggles being prepared for games. That hasnt changed since Y1G1.

3. We lost 4 coaches this offseason. 3 were definite downgrades.

4. The QB spot remains an issue with the starter having piss poor fundamentals

5. The OL has regressed with piss poor fundamentals negating 4 5* players

6. This team has quit several times the past 3 years. This is by far the biggest indictment.

7. Covid has caused none of the 6 issues detailed above.
1,2,4 and 6 are spot on and the biggest areas of concern for me

1. 2020 is abnormal. Can’t judge by normal standards
2. $$ Tenn is almost thru paying Butch
CJPs buyout would be even bigger for 5 more years!
3. $$ Tenn is in an almost 40 million $ shortfall due to Chinese Virus, there are no funds.
4. There is no magic Booster or Boosters to come up with the $$
5. $$ to hire big time big name proven would take Big Time $$. See reasons 2-3-4
6. Last attempt at hiring made Tenn the laughing stock of America before Fulmer got there, It’s only been 3 years.. Media and Coaches / Agents not gonna be warm to another search..
7. Swallow your Pride. Tenn is not a top 20 job right now. Truth
8. It’s going to take 2 more solid too 10 recruiting classes to fix this team, change Coaches and you will start from scratch as 40% or better if roster will transfer if.. this is the one and done winter coming up.
I agree with some of your points and you may be correct but just to counterpoint.

1. 2020 is an abnormal year for every team, not just TN. The excuse doesn't fly
2. Butch buyout is up at beginning of the year, JP's buyout will be significantly less so no money lost really, will be maintaining the status quo of giving away free money to has been coaches.
3. $40 million shortfalls, other schools are feeling the same pressure. Guys savvier with numbers will always find away.
4. I never underestimate Boosters. They are the reason we are in this situation, too many hands in the cookie jar.
5. Everything takes money this is no secret. see #3
6. America has a short-term memory except for a few sportswriters. Volnation gives two F***S about what they think. It's 2020 there are bigger news issues than TN hiring search.
7, Finding a new coach isn't about pride. Liberty isn't a top 200 coaching destination sooo....
8,. You don't need top ten recruiting classes to win football games, just good scouting, and coaches, need an example, look at Wisconsin year in and year out. Indiana appears to be playing well this season. Michigan and Penn St always have top recruiting classes and yet look at their season. Recruiting is sometimes overrated. Pieces are already in place. TN has talent across the board.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I know we’ll keep Pruitt another year. I know we will watch Freeze go somewhere else as well. I also know without a shadow of a doubt that Freeze is infinitely better than whatever mid major coach we will get once we get around to firing Pruitt.

Hanging onto Pruitt will cost this program infinitely more than getting rid of him will in the long run. Smart and Mullen will be fixtures at Georgia and Florida haunt us yearly. Wherever Freeze lands will be the same for us. Too damn dumb, too damn stubborn to grab a winner that actually wants to be here. How many times has the best guy available already said that you’re his dream school?

This question is not only directed at this post, but the many others read lately. WHY ARE WE SUDDENLY COMPARING OURSELVES TO S CAR.?? HAVE WE GIVEN UP USING SUCCESSVUL PROGRAMS AS MEASURING STICKS???
Yes.
GBO!!

3. $$ Tenn is in an almost 40 million $ shortfall due to Chinese Virus, there are no funds.
5. $$ to hire big time big name proven would take Big Time $$. See reasons 2-3-4
6. Last attempt at hiring made Tenn the laughing stock of America before Fulmer got there, It’s only been 3 years.. Media and Coaches / Agents not gonna be warm to another search..
8. It’s going to take 2 more solid too 10 recruiting classes to fix this team, change Coaches and you will start from scratch as 40% or better if roster will transfer if.. this is the one and done winter coming up.
Ok 1-6 are just excuses, that will be used.
If people that can make a change want to make a change then it would happen. Just like at SC, and probably a few others before the years done.
8: is BS as usual. Talk of top 10 classes and coaching changes setting a program back 4-5 years!
Ask Arkansas if they are better off this year or last year.

Covid had nothing to do with thr lack of QB and overall player development during Pruitt's time here, it also had nothing to do with the losses to Kentucky and Arkansas.
Well, yes it does. We didn't have a spring practice to get the younger QB's reps and get them comfortable in the system. The OL didn't get needed reps to be a cohesive unit. Granted, they should be further along than what they appear now, but COVID does have something to do with it.

Well, yes it does. We didn't have a spring practice to get the younger QB's reps and get them comfortable in the system. The OL didn't get needed reps to be a cohesive unit. Granted, they should be further along than what they appear now, but COVID does have something to do with it.
However the others teams experienced the same situation so it cannot be used as an excuse for our poor play this year.

Neither Arkansas nor Kentucky had spring practices, no one did; it's a wash. What those teams do have are competent coaching staffs who were able to develop their players in spite of not having a traditional spring, and with our less-than-competent even in non-covid seasons, coaching staff, they obviously did not.

I'm sure it had a negative effect. What is curious to me is that we won the first two games against SC and MO but then were blown out in subsequent games. You would think the COVID affect would dissipate as the season progressed.

Our offense has nothing to do with having a defense that gives receivers a 10 yard cushion, and never takes the correct angle on their persuit.
Well, they seem to play really well when the offense does, which is rare. I mean, I'm sure their attitude is we have to try and jump the route and then they miss and get burned of course. The reason they have to is because the defense is the offense for this team.

BS. So it’s the offenses fault that we can’t get a pass rush? It’s the offenses fault the DBs ard incapable of defending a slant? Its the offenses fault that we can’t tackle or defend the middle of the field? It’s the offenses fault our DBs get torched on a consistent basis?

GTFO with that crap.
So, how hard would you play? Would you risk injury playing for a team that can't score? If you can't score you can't win games. In today's game you have to score at least 30 to win against an average opponent and 40 plus against a good opponent. When you look up at the scoreboard and see 10 points on your side, what kind of effort would you put out?

Eight reasons not to fire a coach, and not one of the reasons is because he’s a good coach...

Reactions: JoAllan
Covid had nothing to do with thr lack of QB and overall player development during Pruitt's time here, it also had nothing to do with the losses to Kentucky and Arkansas.
Same Kentucky team who just had over 60 hung on them. So pathetic. This might be the most angry I have been as a fan.

Tennessee only has $10.8 million in reserve and that is the main reason why Pruitt will not be fired in 2020.

Very real possibility we not only lose to Vandy...but lose BIG.
Just go ahead and give Vandy 14 pts, the 14 JG is going to give them, then put Bailey in and maybe we have a chance. Give JG kudos for work ethic but start Bailey so we have a chance of actually winning a game.

So sick of people using Covid as an excuse to suck!

VN Store

Back