Why is far East Tennessee forgotten?

Coming from Nashville on I-40, I feel like you've entered East TN once you've descended from the plateau.

fotY6t9JDJYN5EwsqZ-XgupgbFJuerEl7r4k50CN7hTXUogrxDSPcQ9W9jNTUkWWIxXfgcJxJCkKtA2f8qFbkvnevbNaTzVDSHir
Once you've crossed the Eastern Time Zone... That's East Tennessee.

Reactions: feathersax
Looking at various maps, Cumberland county is sometimes included in East TN, sometimes not. I also subscribe to the time zone theory.

Although several counties border NC, Johnson county is the easternmost county.

I was raised in Kingsport and have always offered East Tn as my home and Northeast TN to those willing to zoom in a bit.

In Texas, I just say I grew up close to David Crockett's birthplace. At that point, human decency would expect them to bow down but they never do. These Texans....their memories are probably much shorter than their joy prongs.

Happens everywhere. Down here, most people don’t think anything happens south of Atlanta.

The rest of GA below ATL is vast. And kinda sparse out side of a few select places.IMO, GA could unload Augusta and Columbus and not lose much. Tifton has really big gnats. GA has alot of really nice quaint rural towns out in the middle of nowhere, that can be attractive to alot of folk. However, Surrency is a major speed trap. That is probably their top income producer.

...if you’ve just blown a tire and can’t make it to a true metropolis like Cordele.

Veterans Memorial State Park golf course was super nice last time I played it, but that was years ago.

Little Ocmulgee was pretty nice too. If Dublin doesn't distract you to stay on a bit. Summer softball tourney's there were brutal.

Veterans Memorial State Park golf course was super nice last time I played it, but that was years ago.

Little Ocmulgee was pretty nice too. If Dublin doesn't distract you to stay on a bit. Summer softball tourney's there were brutal.
Just played Veterans about a month ago. Still in pretty good shape.

Just played Veterans about a month ago. Still in pretty good shape.

If you ever get close to Hartwell since you travel the state a good bit, you need to make time to play Cateechee. That is one of the nicest courses in GA outside Augusta National. When I used to play it had a 142 slope rating. Tift 419 fairways. Crenshaw bentgrass greens. It's a tough one too. You won't regret it. One of the few courses in GA you can put the same type greens as augusta.

www.cateechee.com

Anything west of Johnson County is middle TN city folks.
😲 Whaaaaat? Greene Devils say, no indeed.

We fought at King's Mountain, that was before there was a Middle Tennessee.

On the other hand ... my sister and brother did go to Tennessee Tech.

Reactions: txbo
If you ever get close to Hartwell since you travel the state a good bit, you need to make time to play Cateechee. That is one of the nicest courses in GA outside Augusta National. When I used to play it had a 142 slope rating. Tift 419 fairways. Crenshaw bentgrass greens. It's a tough one too. You won't regret it. One of the few courses in GA you can put the same type greens as augusta.

www.cateechee.com
Been there. You’re right. It’s awesome.

Reactions: GVF
I grew up playing the public park courses in Nashville, mostly Percy Warner, Harpeth Hills and McCabe. I felt right at home at Bowden when I was down there.

VN Store

Back