Why is everyone saying we're saving scholarships?

We may have signed them but only 25 received a scholarship.

I'm pretty sure you can back count early enrollees if you didn't hit 25 the prior year. Anyone confirm?

In that case, there could be more than 25 scholarships.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well the midtermers would be counted towards the previous year's class.

We will be looking at a lot of mid term enrollment next year. They will count against this years class. The coaches obviously feel that with a year to build relationships that they have a better shot with top recruits next year. Plus, the state of TN is as strong as it has been in a while next year. We will be looking at signing 30+ next year including mid term and Juco early enrollment.

I'm pretty sure you can back count early enrollees if you didn't hit 25 the prior year. Anyone confirm?

That makes more sense. Either that, or we just hired a HFC that can't count.

Well the midtermers would be counted towards the previous year's class.

Thats true but they would be part of the previous years allotted 25 and would still have to be under the 85 total limit.

Its a gamble to count on midtermers being available.

Is there somewhere that the rules are CLEARLY posted in a manner that any Joe Blow can understand them?

See, somebody's paying attention. That's what next weekend's unofficial visit is all about. Tennessee will have at least one top 10 quarterback enrolling next January. Count on it.

See, somebody's paying attention. That's what next weekend's unofficial visit is all about. Tennessee will have at least one top 10 quarterback enrolling next January. Count on it.

Not watching b-ball? It is kind of a boring game.

Thats true but they would be part of the previous years allotted 25 and would still have to be under the 85 total limit.

Its a gamble to count on midtermers being available.

Becoming more prevalent every year. We had what, 4 this year.

Here's the guys that signed in 2007:

1. Anthony Anderson ATH
2. Dashaun Barnes DB
3. Eric Berry DB
4. William Brimfield DL
5. Todd Campbell WR
6. B.J. Coleman QB
7. Kevin Cooper RB
8. Lennon Creer RB
9. Chris Donald LB
10. Art Evans ATH
11. C.J. Fleming DB
12. Savion Frazier ATH
13. Cory Hall DL
14. Josh Hawkins RB
15. Gerald Jones ATH
16. Donald Langley DL
17. Tyler Maples ATH
18. Ben Martin DL
19. Nevin McKenzie DB
20. Rolando Melancon DL
21. Darnius Moore ATH
22. Kenny O'Neal WR
23. Ahmad Paige WR
24. Cody Pope OL
25. Dennis Rogan RB
26. Darris Sawtelle OL
27. Rae Sykes DL
28. Daryl Vereen RB
29. Brent Vinson ATH
30. Chris Walker LB
31. Rufus Williams LB
32. DeAngelo Willingham DB

Of them: DeShaun Barnes, William Brimfield, Cory Hall, Rolando Melancon, Rae Sykes, and Rufus Williams didn't make it. Anyone else? Otherwise, 26 guys got scholarships.

We will be looking at a lot of mid term enrollment next year. They will count against this years class. The coaches obviously feel that with a year to build relationships that they have a better shot with top recruits next year. Plus, the state of TN is as strong as it has been in a while next year. We will be looking at signing 30+ next year including mid term and Juco early enrollment.

Now how could you possibly know that we will be looking at a lot of mid term enrollments next year? None of these Juniors will know if they can graduate early until the last semester of the current school year.

Then one would have to know that the top notch talent we are trying to get will in fact be able to enroll during the midterm.

Sprurrier played that game this year and ran out of scholarships.

I don't think we'll waste our time with kids who are going to have serious issues. Especially if they're only fringe players. Just read Meat Market. Orgeron is big about that.

Thats true, but in order to use those scholarships they have to enroll during midterm of the current year.

Thats true, but in order to use those scholarships they have to enroll during midterm of the current year.

Midterm is January, right? So anyone who enrolls next January could be back counted against this 09 class.

Midterm is January, right? So anyone who enrolls next January could be back counted against this 09 class.
Yes. Who was one of the first schools to really utilize midterm enrollment to their advantage? USC. I'm trying to remember where two of the main architects of that strategy are now. Heard they were working together again. Anyone have ny idea who their employer is?

That's the way I understood it. I just wasn't sure what he meant by current year.

VN Store

Back