Why is everyone saying we're saving scholarships?

bburger991

Vol Fanatic
Next year we'll have around what, 35 scholarships? But you can only take 25 people per year, right? So something doesn't seem to be working out.

You can sign as many people as you want though. Ole Miss signed 37 kids this year. We signed 32 in 07.

yeah ! so if we can sign 35 kids in next years class.. it'll be a chance for Kiffin and his staff to prove that they can recruit..
it could very well be the best class UT has ever had, if they stock up with loads of 4 and 5 stars

Hmm nevermind then. Guess I was wrong. Go ahead and delete the topic if you guys want.

It is a good point, Lane sees a chance next year to sign a class of his liking, and it be of larger numbers. It's like he said in his presser, he doesn't want to take a guy right now just to fill a roster spot. Also said he did not want to bring a kid in and the next year he is sitting behind a freshman.

It's 85 scholarships period.

It is 85 total but you can only offer 25 per year regardless of how many or few you have total.

So this notion that Kiffin can give more than 25 scholarships next year is wrong. He can offer as many as he wants but the NCAA will only allow 25 per year.

It is 85 total but you can only offer 25 per year regardless of how many or few you have total.

So this notion that Kiffin can give more than 25 scholarships next year is wrong. He can offer as many as he wants but the NCAA will only allow 25 per year.

Nope. :no:

Bama signed more than 30 last year. You think they kept 25 of them and sent the rest of them away? :crazy:

Nope. :no:

Bama signed more than 30 last year. You think they kept 25 of them and sent the rest of them away? :crazy:

How much do you wanna wager on it? NCAA rules limits a school to 25 scholarships per year, period. They can offer as many as they want but can only sign 25. Thats a fact. They can take as many walk-on's as they want.

Remember the Coach that got so pissed at Spurrier because he pulled the offer to one of his kids? That's why, they had already allocated their 25 to give.

How much do you wanna wager on it? NCAA rules limits a school to 25 scholarships per year, period. They can offer as many as they want but can only sign 25. Thats a fact. They can take as many walk-on's as they want.

I believe this man is right. A lot of the ones signed like at Ole Miss today aren't eligible and end up at prep schools and in JUCO. The others have to gray shirt if they want to stay and are over the 25 limit. THat's the way I've understood it.

Not sure, mid terms may be how you get around it. But as far as "signing", we signed 32, 2 years ago. It is archived on Rivals, the whole list.

You can sign 500, but you can only give out 25 scholarships to NSD kids unless they go JUCO or prep.

Not sure, but I think mid term guys can be put on the previous year, or the current year.

VN Store

Back