Why is Arkansas having a better year???

MikeVol44

2 reasons:

1) Pittman hired Barry Odom to coach his Defense and Odom has made them very physical and tough; and
2) QB PRODUCTION!

Franks ain't the best dude in town....but he gets it done. JG is just flat out pathetic.

And if you want to blame someone for JG's lack of development-then that has to come down to Chaney and Weinke.
CJP has stood behind JG all the way, encouraged him, and chewed his azz off....but the guy just doesn't have it.

Ya'll just look stupid as you continually drone on and on about how bad CJP is....
But he can't overcome the empty-headed helmet of JG.

You guys can run your mouth all day at me for posting this....but it really is just this simple.
Arky does run a completely different style of offense...but JG couldn't execute their offense any better than he does ours!!

So....Arkansas looks better than we do right now this year simply because of their production from the QB position.

And Arkansas' game with LSU today is just continuing to prove it. (also their game against Fla, too).

They are just a better team. Better coaching staff and players that have bought into what the coach wants. You can tell Pittmans guys want to play hard for him.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Better staff...but who doesn't....Players play hard and their defense swarms to the ball. They look like a football team....we don't.

Tennessee has a huge talent advantage. Arkansas has a bigger coaching advantage.
Not even trying to excuse losing to them at all, but the idea that Arkansas is devoid of talent is false. Their composite recruiting ranking is somewhere around 26th.

Reactions: Sarms58
Not even trying to excuse losing to them at all, but the idea that Arkansas is devoid of talent is false. Their composite recruiting ranking is somewhere around 26th.

You arent trying to make excuses but all you do is make excuses for CJP's incompetence...

2 reasons:

1) Pittman hired Barry Odom to coach his Defense and Odom has made them very physical and tough; and
2) QB PRODUCTION!

Franks ain't the best dude in town....but he gets it done. JG is just flat out pathetic.

And if you want to blame someone for JG's lack of development-then that has to come down to Chaney and Weinke.
CJP has stood behind JG all the way, encouraged him, and chewed his azz off....but the guy just doesn't have it.

Ya'll just look stupid as you continually drone on and on about how bad CJP is....
But he can't overcome the empty-headed helmet of JG.

You guys can run your mouth all day at me for posting this....but it really is just this simple.
Arky does run a completely different style of offense...but JG couldn't execute their offense any better than he does ours!!

So....Arkansas looks better than we do right now this year simply because of their production from the QB position.

And Arkansas' game with LSU today is just continuing to prove it. (also their game against Fla, too).

Very simple answer to 1000th thread like this.

Felipe Frank's is very good qb

Barry Odom is great Dc

Didn’t say they were devoid of talent. Tennessee has more talent.
I agree . I was trying to say that even though Arkansas had a losing streak that they actually had more talent than you would think. Clearly we’re a more talented team.

They are just a better team. Better coaching staff and players that have bought into what the coach wants. You can tell Pittmans guys want to play hard for him.

AND--EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU were saying the same things at the end of last year and after the 1st half of the UGA game this year when we were up 21-17 at the half, TOO (Players really giving their all for CJP and Tennessee to finish strong last year and start this year off great!)

So, sarcastically, I guess CJP completely forgot how to coach while his OC and QB gave the game away to UGA in the 2nd half.

Maybe they're SICK of JG and his sheet show at QB and the offensive staff's failure to get Bailey ready to play.

My hope is that Chaney's worthless azz is shown the door and takes Weinke with him.
Maybe Osovet and Chip Long take over on Offense next year.

And maybe CJP brings Muschamp over to help coach D next year and he brings Rocker back to UT with him!

And I think we'll play Auburn very close tonight....and may even win the game....VOLS 27-24

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
All I do? How so? Why don’t you fill me in on this?

I took a look back at your posts and I will admit I was a bit off. I remember one thread where your posts came across as a bit defensive of the staff. I looked through plenty of your posts and I'll fess off to being off in my most recent analysis .

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Pittman is very thankful to be in the position and the role that he is in, he is working everything he's got to put a winning product on the field, the people Pittman has around him want to be where they are, it shows in their desire to coach, plan, scheme and win. Winning is the key to rebuilding a winning program, not trophy hires, it is a staff driven to achieve and accomplish what is expected from their players, their fans and their university.

Pruitt is still at Alabama, in my opinion, he is of the impression that Tennessee is more beholden to him than he is obligated to the school, such that the focus, intensity, logic and desire to win isn't burning in his abilities, which is identical to the approach brought to the program by Fulmer, a false concern with the program, its all about the money and neither Pruitt or Fulmer have any kind of football future right now aside from the hot mess they have created in Knoxville and thrown out on the field in 2020 under the banner of Tennessee football.

The arrogance and aloofness of Pruitt and Fulmer is fully evident in the manner they speak publicly and after football games, talking down to everyone, with the ongoing attitude that their stuff don't stink, which it does and to high heaven right now.

Fulmer has always struggled with form over substance, how it looks rather than how it is, he claims "equity" in the program, currently Pruitt is all form, Pittman is all substance and the lowest paid newest hungriest head coach in the conference busted Tennessee two weeks ago in an absolute embarrassment that should disgust the most attentive Tennessee football fans.

VN Store

Back