Why has Omar Payne gotten no action after the game from Florida or the SEC ?

CBS just announced during the game that Florida’s coach White keeping him out rest of the season.

Alright then. That's what I thought would be appropriate. I won't say anything else negative about the ensuing actions - though the hit itself was still poopy pants. The important thing was to make it clear that you cannot and must not do what Payne did.

It looks like Florida may be on their way to a quick exit in the NCAA Tournament

200.gif

Goodness! Some on here must have limited experience playing physical sports. What Payne did was as bad as anything I have seen in College Basketball. And yes I believe it was a punk move. That being said, things get tense and out of hand in physically contested games. Payne was obviously frustrated and he took it out on Fulkerson. Whether he meant to break Fulky's face? I doubt that was his thought process. In fact there was likely zero thought when he threw the elbow except to throw the elbow. Fulky and the Vols have moved on, Payne did in fact reach out and apologize, he's suspended for this game and so far it appears UF could really use him. I think we should close the book on this... Until the next time we play them:)

Oh give me a ******* break....

Of course there’s contact in sports. Sometimes it happens accidental and sometimes punks like Payne, want to show their a$$ by intentionally trying to hurt one of our key players on the big stage.

Don’t give me that “in the heat of the moment” BS because it’s simply not true.

We don’t speak for Fulky nor tell him how he should feel about the situation but there should be more punishment due to his selfish behavior.

He was only sorry because he got caught.

CBS just announced during the game that Florida’s coach White keeping him out rest of the season.
Doesn’t seem like enough. Should probably kick him off the team, fire Barnes, and banish the white brothers from all organized sports.

My point earlier was that I felt that a lot of the UT fan outrage was because of the severeity of the resulting injury. I think folks are judging it largely by that. Which I get but which is also unrealistic.
You blockhead... I might just go home, hit my wife a couple of times break her eye socket cause her to have surgery. If I apologize everything is ok

Oh give me a ******* break....

Of course there’s contact in sports. Sometimes it happens accidental and sometimes punks like Payne, want to show their a$$ by intentionally trying to hurt one of our key players on the big stage.

Don’t give me that “in the heat of the moment” BS because it’s simply not true.

We don’t speak for Fulky nor tell him how he should feel about the situation but there should be more punishment due to his selfish behavior.

He was only sorry because he got caught.

First, I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I don't disagree that it was a punk move. I said so in my post. Do I think he meant to inflict damage... Of course, why else would you throw an elbow? Do I think his thought process was "I'm gonna break this guys face"? No. I doubt he gave it that much thought. So... Disagreement on intent aside, I'm just saying that punishment has been meted out and we need to move on and remember this the next time we play them.

You blockhead... I might just go home, hit my wife a couple of times break her eye socket cause her to have surgery. If I apologize everything is ok

Well, I never said that or anything close to that. I never said he should not be punished. I never said it was okay. I only said the type and degree of punishment is not as clear cut as some here have made it with their rather naive view of the incident.

And you have reminded me I am correct on that.

Well, I never said that or anything close to that. I never said he should not be punished. I never said it was okay. I only said the type and degree of punishment is not as clear cut as some here have made it with their rather naive view of the incident.

Justice was just served.

While I agree some Tennessee fans have a convoluted view of the incident, I think it is equally arguable that you do, as well, on the other end of the spectrum. The idea that you’d come to a Tennessee board looking for a sympathetic adoption of your viewpoint is...well, interesting.

While I agree some Tennessee fans have a convoluted view of the incident, I think it is equally arguable that you do, as well, on the other end of the spectrum. The idea that you’d come to a Tennessee board looking for a sympathetic adoption of your viewpoint is...well, interesting.

My very first comment on this was that if the shoe were on the other foot I'd feel the same way UT fans do.

That is an appropriate response in my opinion, and honestly I'm glad it was coach's decision. Now my only problem is why was this announced halfway through their VT game?

The cynic in me says they decided to publicly announce after seeing the way the VT game is going.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
That is an appropriate response in my opinion, and honestly I'm glad it was coach's decision. Now my only problem is why was this announced halfway through their VT game?

The cynic in me says they decided to publicly announce after seeing the way the VT game is going.
After seeing that it’s a close game? That doesn’t make much sense.

And every comment since has been crafted to create some sense of doubt as to the intent, causation, and punishment.
Is it really that big of a head scratcher to think of a reasonable punishment? Have there been no similar incidents in the history of sports that gives us an idea of what the typical recourse is like???

VN Store

Back