Why has Omar Payne gotten no action after the game from Florida or the SEC ?

We have some gullible fans to think it’s Barnes and White’s fault for not taking action when it’s not up to them.

Too much damn stupidity.

People are always looking for some reason to get mad at the University. I bet a lot of it is just pent up disappointment from an underwhelming season, so now they're looking for a scapegoat or someone to direct their anger at and Barnes is an easy target.

LAW(?)gator, I normally appreciate your posts but try that argument in court the next time you defend a criminal and let us know how that works out for you. The SEC suspended JuJuan Jennings for intentionally raking his foot over a Vandy player's helmet which caused no pain or injuries to the offended player.

Omar needs to sit out for as many games as Fulky misses (already 1). Anything less is indefensible by the SEC.
Nailed it!

Sports Animal just said UF is not letting Payne play today. If true, good step in the right direction.

Doesn't change the fact that action should have been taken the day of the infraction.

Sports Animal just said UF is not letting Payne play today. If true, good step in the right direction.

Doesn't change the fact that action should have been taken the day of the infraction.

You have to let him have a chance to review the video and speak to Payne. No reason to react so quickly.

I'm fine with it. Hopefully doesn't cost us the game today but honestly I have no particularly high expectations for this team in the tournament so not going to be disappointed regardless

You have to let him have a chance to review the video and speak to Payne. No reason to react so quickly.

I'm fine with it. Hopefully doesn't cost us the game today but honestly I have no particularly high expectations for this team in the tournament so not going to be disappointed regardless
I take back all the nice things I've said about you. That is complete total BS.

And for the record, if you check my posts, the very first thing I personally said about the situation was that if it were a UT player, I would advocate for dismissal.

Reactions: feathersax
One game is a start, but it had better not be the finish. People talk all the time these days about "teachable moments." The message needs to be loud and clear, and that means making it significant - attacking someone on the court will not be tolerated.

Reactions: Lefteye
Some of the opinions in this thread are a bit ridiculous.

The kid got frustrated in a physical game and took a cheap shot. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t intending to seriously injure fulk. It sounds like they spoke and settled things down. He’s missing a game and a half of basketball (at least) in their two biggest games of the year.

Hopefully he grows into a better teammate/ player/person because of it and fulky is makes a full recovery.

Some of the opinions in this thread are a bit ridiculous.

The kid got frustrated in a physical game and took a cheap shot. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t intending to seriously injure fulk. It sounds like they spoke and settled things down. He’s missing a game and a half of basketball (at least) in their two biggest games of the year.

Hopefully he grows into a better teammate/ player/person because of it and fulky is makes a full recovery.
You're giving that punk too much credit i think he was trying to seriously injure Fulkerson

Reactions: feathersax
I take back all the nice things I've said about you. That is complete total BS.

And for the record, if you check my posts, the very first thing I personally said about the situation was that if it were a UT player, I would advocate for dismissal.

tenor.gif

You're giving that punk too much credit i think he was trying to seriously injure Fulkerson
A blind elbow behind your back as your running down the court doesn’t scream intent to seriously injure to me, but to each their own I suppose.

Good chance he’s out for the rest of their season, not sure what else people are expecting.

A blind elbow behind your back as your running down the court doesn’t scream intent to seriously injure to me, but to each their own I suppose.

Good chance he’s out for the rest of their season, not sure what else people are expecting.

The first elbow may have been blind, but the second elbow, no way. He had his other elbow ON Fulkerson's neck when he swung with the second elbow. He knew exactly where Fulkerson was.

My point earlier was that I felt that a lot of the UT fan outrage was because of the severeity of the resulting injury. I think folks are judging it largely by that. Which I get but which is also unrealistic.

Reactions: ndubvols
Goodness! Some on here must have limited experience playing physical sports. What Payne did was as bad as anything I have seen in College Basketball. And yes I believe it was a punk move. That being said, things get tense and out of hand in physically contested games. Payne was obviously frustrated and he took it out on Fulkerson. Whether he meant to break Fulky's face? I doubt that was his thought process. In fact there was likely zero thought when he threw the elbow except to throw the elbow. Fulky and the Vols have moved on, Payne did in fact reach out and apologize, he's suspended for this game and so far it appears UF could really use him. I think we should close the book on this... Until the next time we play them:)

VN Store

Back