Why dont fans support this program no matter how bad the times get?

Anyone who identifies as Tennessee fan after the last decade can by no stretch of the imagination be lableled fairweather. There are two camps of Vols,
the NegaVols and the OptiVols. I think you are mistaking the NegaVols for fairweather.

The two groups are actually just run-of-the-mill Vol fans, and the morons that call anyone who disagrees with their poorly thought-out opinions, NegaVols™.

Good Grief. I assume you're trolling, but just in case:

A lot of us are VFLs, but the complete and utter incompetence of the admin over the last 15 years has robbed the sport of the fun. And in the end, it's gotta be fun to be a fan, at least a majority of the time. You can have fun even in a loss, if its a good game and your team is playing well.

Tennessee has become a drudgery to watch, especially with Slingblade Skoalcan and his infatuation with JG. We all have jobs, responsibilities, a lot of things we HAVE to do. Tennessee football isn't a HAVE to do, it should be a WANT to do.

So, don't play the "I'm a Better Fan" BS card. No one buys that here. We are all fans, its just that most of us demand that our team and admin care at least as much as we do. Ideally, they care much more. That hasn't seemed to be the case for quite awhile.
I can’t help but think of this guy when I read Slingblade Skoalcan

According to @PulaskiVolFan , hiring a competent head coach would be a "simple fix" and we shouldn't expect simple fixes because the likes of Michigan and Nebraska suck right now too.
Another negative thought by the king of negative Nancies, once again you're just here to agitate and one of the worst examples of a Vol fan out there.

Quality take... That's fresh coming from the sh*t you've been posting 😂
Classic example of our fanbase. This guy has given absolutely nothing to a debate other than to insult and attack through 5th grader antics. Go ahead Mr Vol fan, give us one single take you have of our Vol program other than you think JG and Pruitt suck.

Anyone who identifies as Tennessee fan after the last decade can by no stretch of the imagination be lableled fairweather. There are two camps of Vols,
the NegaVols and the OptiVols. I think you are mistaking the NegaVols for fairweather.
What exactly do the NegaVols do for our football program? What is their value to the fanbase?

Classic example of our fanbase. This guy has given absolutely nothing to a debate other than to insult and attack through 5th grader antics. Go ahead Mr Vol fan, give us one single take you have of our Vol program other than you think JG and Pruitt suck.

You are really going to complain about the content of someone's posts, or perceived insults, with your post history in this thread?

giphy.gif

Go get your own damn list, lazy. You have just as much access to the threads on this forum as I do.

p.s. Don't over-exaggerate the Dark Ages. It's 12 years, not 20. We had some very (very) good seasons between 2000 and 2007.
Our demise started with the 2001 SEC championship game. Others have posted
About the significance of that game here today. After Kiffen left it became worse.

I doubt that some of these NegaVols are even fans! The young fans think it's an easy fix and that you just pour money out by the bucket load for the quick fix thus they freak out if their simplistic thought isn't the 1st thing UT does.
I doubt ANY of those who believe UT should have stuck with JG in spite of how much his poor play contributed to losing are even fans.... so there's that.

In spite of what you seem to think... those with higher expectations of their team, QB, and coach are not the ones who are "negative".

The two groups are actually just run-of-the-mill Vol fans, and the morons that call anyone who disagrees with their poorly thought-out opinions, NegaVols™.
Don't forget that special sub group of NegaVols, The Legion of the Miserables. They are to be most pitttied, their suffering is legendary.

At some point, the administration has to pay the penalty for turning us into a losing program. Where is their incentive to make us a winning program if people keep buying tickets and buying hoodies and other swag when all we've done is suck donkey nutz for 12 years? If you want them to hear you, stop giving them your hard earned money.

What exactly do the NegaVols do for our football program? What is their value to the fanbase?
They are like rainy days, they help you appreicate the pretty days. Talk a few minutes with a NegaVol and you feel a lot better about your life. You walk away thinking, "It could be worse, at least I'm not a NegaVol."

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Don't forget that special sub group of NegaVols, The Legion of the Miserables. They are to be most pitttied, their suffering is legendary.

You mean the faction that actually cares and desires a winning program?

Reactions: tastycar
They are like rainy days, they help you appreicate the pretty days. Talk a few minutes with a NegaVol and you feel a lot better about your life. You walk away thinking, "It could be worse, at least I'm not a NegaVol."
That I can certainly agree with.

Why do so many fans have to be fair weather fans and only support a program when they are winning? I think if you are a VFL you will support this team and program no matter how many games they win.
I've been a Vol fan for at least 30 years. I've been on this board for 14. I've "supported" the Vols through some of the darkest years in program history.

I think if you are a VFL what you want most is for the Vols to win. You will NOT support failure resulting from poor coaching, recruiting, development, facilities, support, or AD decisions. You will care VERY MUCH how many games they win and never accept losing.

If that's truly your attitude then why not just be a Vandy fan? The tickets are easier to get. Losing is pretty much the accepted norm.

The day I adopt your attitude... is the day I stop being a Vol fan.

Why do so many fans have to be fair weather fans and only support a program when they are winning? I think if you are a VFL you will support this team and program no matter how many games they win.
You pumpers kill me with your "logic"....at this point, supporting this administration is the same as living in San Francisco and being sick of all the homeless people crapping on the sidewalks, but going to the polls and voting for the same politicians election after election. Nothing changes as long as the customer accepts the mediocrity.

They do.

I don’t know what support would like at other places with the product that’s been on the field.

It’s why it’s still an attractive job, among other reasons

They do- moreso than others

Where are the people you are considering "fair weather" fans?

I'm 61 The Vols have been the only team that I've really cared about BUT its gets harder each season. The only why we have a entertaining game is play another bottom feeder. With TV being what it is it makes seeing other teams (mostly likely) nearer you that are more fun on Sat. I live less than 3 hrs from Bama, Ole MS, MS state, Memphis, Vandy and others.
I will never replace the Vols as number 1 but I can see why people do. Some teams are exciting even in loss. We aren't

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
At some point, the administration has to pay the penalty for turning us into a losing program. Where is their incentive to make us a winning program if people keep buying tickets and buying hoodies and other swag when all we've done is suck donkey nutz for 12 years? If you want them to hear you, stop giving them your hard earned money.
1606943748044.gif

Reactions: CornFlake and NEO
Michigan, Penn St, Nebraska and Texas would all like for you to simply fix them too.
Tx won a Natty recently and was playing for natty's when $aban came to bubba. This is Penn State worst year in a while, not a decade of stink. Nebraska is not what they were in the 90's but have they been as bad as we are? Michigan is not near as bad as we are over the last 12 years.

VN Store

Back