Why does he always look like a REAL President?

You're too dumb to understand economics. It's easy to post an ignorant comeback when you don't understand.

That's rich. You attribute "handouts" we've been giving for decades.

The whole world is dealing with inflation, you intellectual cat turd. If you're so simple and need to blame it on one thing, maybe... just maybe is was the global chain of logistics coming to a halt in 2020, and now we're dealing with the butterfly effect from it.

That's rich. You attribute "handouts" we've been giving for decades.

The whole world is dealing with inflation, you intellectual cat turd. If you're so simple and need to blame it on one thing, maybe... just maybe is was the global chain of logistics coming to a halt in 2020, and now we're dealing with the butterfly effect from it.

The supply chain issues as a result of shutdowns and business coming back online were an original catalyst but a multitude of issues since have contributed to the continued rising costs including giving out free benefits to a record number of illegals who Biden invited.

The supply chain issues as a result of shutdowns and business coming back online were an original catalyst but a multitude of issues since have contributed to the continued rising costs including giving out free benefits to a record number of illegals who Biden invited.

Do you lube up your lips before you turn on Fox news or do you just raw dog it down your gullet?

there is more nuance to this story than the media narrative. But really we dont know the fine details. It sounds like these charity golf events charged patrons and this money was used to cover operating expenses, ie hosting the events at a DJT course. And it was Eric, not Donald, who ran the charity. I mean raising 16M with a 12% operating expense is very good.

and no, his org was not shut down.

So yea, it sounds dramatic to say DJT stole from children with cancer.

I just dont think the Trump family would scheme to pilfer a couple of million dollars over many years. Trump didnt even take a Presidential salary worth a million.

Donald charged Eric multiple times the going rate to use his courses for Eric's charity.....that's all the nuance ever needed.

Giving people $700/week not to work is the biggest cause of inflation....
Funny how the USA's contribution to hydrocarbon emissions however is of concern to certain political factions however. It's the same picture. I agree with you that those handouts (and the number of handouts does/will eventually affect the final number) aren't moving the needle. But neither is our (the US's) carbon footprint when compared to other countries like China and India.

But.... the .gov should not be in the business of giving people money not to work. Period.

Where do you shop? Do you own your own farm? These aren't the only reasons but they are some of the reasons. Even with real wages down, the shelves are still emptying.
That's not an actual reason. If you think that the illegals gobbling up all your food is true then maybe cite a source. It's what I've done for a living for almost 2 decades.
Corporate price gouging has been the biggest reason for higher food prices. The Covid epidemic caused serious distribution and manufacturing problems, product scarcity, prices went up--and when the Covid situation finally abated, and distribution/manufacturing returned to normalcy, many companies didn't lower prices but kept them at their higher levels.
This is simply incorrect as well. Blaming corps is lazy and a sure fire way to pass the responsibility from govt. If this were true then gp% would be thru the roof for grocers and the supply chain.

Also, any time I see "price gouging" cited I can be pretty sure that person has no clue what they're talking about.

Reactions: midnight orange
That's not an actual reason. If you think that the illegals gobbling up all your food is true then maybe cite a source. It's what I've done for a living for almost 2 decades.

This is simply incorrect as well. Blaming corps is lazy and a sure fire way to pass the responsibility from govt. If this were true then gp% would be thru the roof for grocers and the supply chain.

Also, any time I see "price gouging" cited I can be pretty sure that person has no clue what they're talking about.

I did not say illegals were gobbling up all the food. Their contribution to empty shelves help cause prices to go up. True or false?

Donald charged Eric multiple times the going rate to use his courses for Eric's charity.....that's all the nuance ever needed.
How much does it cost to host a golf event? Staff, food, etc?
Stealing from children with cancer sounds so much better.

I did not say illegals were gobbling up all the food. Their contribution to empty shelves help cause prices to go up. True or false?
False. The impact is minimal since the increases are across the board. What's your source for this?

False. The impact is minimal since the increases are across the board. What's your source for this?

What impact does lack of product, empty shelves, requests for shorter lead times, storage space, overtime, scarcity, which leads to increased labor costs, etc have on price? The grocery industry might be different than some other industries.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
What impact does lack of product, empty shelves, requests for shorter lead times, storage space, overtime, scarcity, which leads to increased labor costs, etc have on price? The grocery industry might be different than some other industries.
The illegals you blame are not having the impact you continue to claim. If you want to discuss the global supply chain issues that might get you closer.

I'm just curious where this idea that illegals are emptying the shelves came from. Care to cure the source?

I posted it in another thread but greedflation and/or price gouging is a 10000% false narrative if you look at operating margins of largest retailers in 2022/2023 vs 2018/2019....

I posted it in another thread but greedflation and/or price gouging is a 10000% false narrative if you look at operating margins of largest retailers in 2022/2023 vs 2018/2019....
Yeah I'm real curious how that narrative got the play it did. You'd think corps would fight it

Yeah I'm real curious how that narrative got the play it did. You'd think corps would fight it

Mainstream media accepted Biden's narrative at face value without doing the minimal amount of work needed to know they were FOS (i.e. look at a SEC 10K)

The illegals you blame are not having the impact you continue to claim. If you want to discuss the global supply chain issues that might get you closer.

I'm just curious where this idea that illegals are emptying the shelves came from. Care to cure the source?

I've stated multiple times they assist in buying the goods in grocery stores. You don't need a source when you go in the store and the shelves continue to be empty. They gotta eat. Also observation when I am shopping when many don't communicate in English with cashiers. Take +/- 10M additional people in this country over a 3 year period then it is going to create stress in a lot of sectors of society. Have you not seen articles about free benefits illegal immigrants are getting at the city, state and federal levels?

I've stated multiple times they assist in buying the goods in grocery stores. You don't need a source when you go in the store and the shelves continue to be empty. They gotta eat. Also observation when I am shopping when many don't communicate in English with cashiers. Take +/- 10M additional people in this country over a 3 year period then it is going to create stress in a lot of sectors of society. Have you not seen articles about free benefits illegal immigrants are getting at the city, state and federal levels?

Immigration is a drop in the bucket compared to 18 months of people getting 700/week not to work and 20 years of crazy deficit spending....

Immigration is a drop in the bucket compared to 18 months of people getting 700/week not to work and 20 years of crazy deficit spending....

Oh I'm sure. It doesn't help though. I would hope the 700/week folks are at least citizens. I believe some posters have benefited from this.

VN Store

Back