Why does he always look like a REAL President?

It's more a lack of respect than hated. I generally have contempt for him as a business person and as a public official I find him utterly incompetent and far too willing to mollify the wrong people.

He's charismatic and probably a lot of fun in person, but I'm not electing a friend.
No you've elected a pedophile

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I have shared several times that DJT has a personal philosophy that there is no such thing as bad press. He said as much in his book, "The Art of the Deal".
Images like this one show two things...1) he is correct. And 2) he will never change.

I think better than any other politician alive today, Trump understands the zeitgeist of the times we are living in. The popularity of the "influencer" youtube stars, Kardashians, etc. In many ways, he is the modern day JFK - which tells you a LOT about how far we have fallen in modern day.

Fortunately, at the same time, he has a good business sense of what makes the economy better.

And for all Trump's many faults, he really does love both American and NYC in a way that most DC politicians simply cannot fathom. That isnt a throwaway statement, when we used to deal with him well before 2016, that always came through. And he is very nice and polite in person I will say. But he understands the power of bombast in the public sphere.

I think better than any other politician alive today, Trump understands the zeitgeist of the times we are living in. The popularity of the "influencer" youtube stars, Kardashians, etc. In many ways, he is the modern day JFK - which tells you a LOT about how far we have fallen in modern day.

Fortunately, at the same time, he has a good business sense of what makes the economy better.

And for all Trump's many faults, he really does love both American and NYC in a way that most DC politicians simply cannot fathom. That isnt a throwaway statement, when we used to deal with him well before 2016, that always came through. And he is very nice and polite in person I will say. But he understands the power of bombast in the public sphere.
Trump loves Trump and nothing else.

I know you know that word, but I wonder if Trump knows that word.

I think Trump loves Trump.

Most of us have seen the YouTube video of Trump 40+ years ago when he said he'd never run for politics unless it got bad enough in this country. He had no interest. Back then the libs were asking and they were on his jock.

Meanwhile lying Joe Biden claims he only came back to run because Trump was in office. The same dude that first ran for POTUS in 1988. He's wanted it his whole adult life. Be leery of people wishing for power their entire adult life. So even if progressives told Joe, "hey man you are one and done", he would've lied to them just to get in the oval office. They can't easily get rid of him but he does serve as their useful idiot.

Trump loves attention and loves himself. He's got a lot of you folks fooled into thinking he cares about the common people.

That isn't a disqualifier and if the most effective person for the job was the same way it wouldn't matter. But this glazing has to stop lol

An interesting point that was derailed by the Kool Aid drinking in the last paragraph. Trump loves himself and only himself...

Trump loves Trump and nothing else.

Oh, dont hear what I am not saying. Trump is absolutely a narcissist. But then, the few billionaires I have known are all that way. Most of you would be too if you got that kind of power. The politicians? hah! Not all of them but many, even those who were not really in high positions.

You almost have to have a borderline narcissism or extreme humility to run for office. Its the only way to be emotionally insulated by the relentless attacks you get.

So anyway, yes Trump loves himself above all BUT he does also really love this country and NYC and thinks they are exceptional. That is not just schtick. He is also supremely confident and yet vain to the point of being insecure at times (or at least when we knew him).

He does also have more of an affinity for "the common man" than many other rich and powerful. That is also real. It comes from being such a stickler at his properties, he really did know the gardener, cooks, etc. Not saying he was actually buddy buddies but he does have a certain level of respect for the blue collar that is unusual in those of his class, especially those who were born into money. Compared to a guy like Bloomberg who was in the financial biz and treats everyone around himself like trash. Even Catsimatidis, who still thinks of himself as a grocer really, has some respect but is much less friendly to blue collar (but then, he does not have Trump's charm by a long shot).

Again, Trump is no angel. He really is an oddity though for a guy born with a silver spoon up his ass.

It's more a lack of respect than hated. I generally have contempt for him as a business person and as a public official I find him utterly incompetent and far too willing to mollify the wrong people.

He's charismatic and probably a lot of fun in person, but I'm not electing a friend.
No, you would elect a cadaver

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Why wasn't he jailed for this?

It wasnt a crime punishable by jail time (although it did lead to his foundation getting shut down). Nothing that would lead to jail time about charging 3-5x the going rate to host a golf tournament to raise money for St. Jude. Just really bad form....

Last edited:
It wasnt a crime punishable by jail time (although it did lead to his foundation getting shut down). Nothing that would lead to jail time about charging 3-5x the going rate to host a golf tournament to raise money for St. Jude. Just really bad form....
Wouldn't that be embezzlement?

Is he pathological?

I mean, Im no shingled head shrink but Narcissistic personality disorder - Symptoms and causes seems pretty spot on.

BUT - if you go through most Fortune 1000 companies, large non-profits, etc. you will find the same thing. Some hide it better though.

You are kinda missing the point though.

We are not voting for Trump because gosh gee he is a splendid wonderful guy who is an exemplary example of what all men should strive to be. I dont think that is why you are voting for Biden, either. It is because like the mule, he can carry the load to where you want him to go. It isnt necessary that the tool is pretty, only that it is effective.

I mean, Im no shingled head shrink but Narcissistic personality disorder - Symptoms and causes seems pretty spot on.

BUT - if you go through most Fortune 1000 companies, large non-profits, etc. you will find the same thing. Some hide it better though.

You are kinda missing the point though.

We are not voting for Trump because gosh gee he is a splendid wonderful guy who is an exemplary example of what all men should strive to be. I dont think that is why you are voting for Biden, either. It is because like the mule, he can carry the load to where you want him to go. It isnt necessary that the tool is pretty, only that it is effective.
uh-huh

Is he a pathological narcissist or not?

A “real” president wouldn’t order steak well done and then put ketchup on it.

Not sure what kind of buffoonery that is, but it ain’t presidential. Tide, gator and Vandy fans have more sense than that.

A “real” president wouldn’t order steak well done and then put ketchup on it.

Not sure what kind of buffoonery that is, but it ain’t presidential. Tide, gator and Vandy fans have more sense than that.

^^This is truth.

I’m voting for Trump again.

I didn’t vote at all last cycle.
I did vote for him in 2016 and I’m voting for him again.

Bitcoin go “burrrrr”

You have the freedom to do as you wish.

As a registered Democrat, I'm voting Trump for lots of reasons. I was walking through the grocery store and it's easy to notice prices aren't up 30%, they are up at least 50% over the last 3 years on a lot of stuff.

Here is the rub. It's the laws of supply and demand. The Biden Administration is giving out hand outs to millions of illegals and guess what they are doing. They are helping to empty the shelves. What does that do? Increase demand and scarcity which additionally drives up price.

VN Store

Back