why do we play Arkansas next year

I was thinking that too. Not complaining as Arky will be an easy W. But last time we played Ole Miss was 2014. And last time we played Arkansas was 2015. So I could see why naturally you would assume Ole Miss would be first...however we have to play Ole Miss at home and we can't have back to back home west games. So Arkansas jumped in front of them because we have to play them on the road due to us playing them at home last. If that makes sense.

I think...I'm not sure of this, but i think...that the SEC front office restarts the East-West scheduling every 12 years. So what came before doesn't dictate the future.

12 years because that's how long it takes for every East team to get a home and home with every West team.

Of course, if the 12th year of one plan has Tennessee playing at Auburn, the 1st year of the new plan will not have Auburn coming to Tennessee. They'll spread them out better than that, even across a scheduling border.

But the new cycle does allow for a limited amount of moving the order around.

I think.

This. Plus when they added Texas A&M to the west and we played them in 2016 it screwed the west rotation up. I could also be wrong but that’s what I understood lol

I'll NEVER forget THIS debacle...

CfXYh8.gif

I’ll be there. It’s one of the SEC stadiums I haven’t been able to check off my list and, with the current SEC schedule, it’ll be 2032 before we play there again.

It all has to do with the addition of Mizzou and aTm. That changed the scheduling up and we were owed/did owe Ole Miss a game. Therefore, Ole Miss was a one off season game. Then, the schedule was worked out in a rotation so, Arky and Ole Miss and others were seeded where they were.

Reactions: Volatility

VN Store

Back