why do we play Arkansas next year

I'm actually going to that game. Kind of excited, heard Fayetteville (and that part of Arkansas) really isn't that bad.
I’ve been to two losses there. I need to make it up there next year too. Time to see a WIN at every SEC venue.

SEC should go to a 9 game SEC schedule. I’ve got too many to make it back to and the clock is ticking. I couldn’t make it to Auburn last year, with the current schedule who knows when we will go back?

Are we not playing them out of order with Ole Miss? Was I wrong in thinking that there was an order? SIAP

Who cares? I want the days when the Vols took on all comers and whipped them. In order out of order or no order.

Last edited:
Reactions: I40flyer
Are we not playing them out of order with Ole Miss? Was I wrong in thinking that there was an order? SIAP

The current scheduling is just BAD in football & the Bball just playing revolving teams 1 time stinks also
A student that graduates in 4 years a lot take college classes in HS & graduate in 3 years
2017vs LSU
2018vs Auburn
2019vs Miss State
2020vs Arkansas
That student in 4years will not get to see or play
against conference teams A&M & Ole Miss
that is not equitable no matter what

I’ll be there. It’s one of the SEC stadiums I haven’t been able to check off my list and, with the current SEC schedule, it’ll be 2032 before we play there again.
A friend of mine went over there when we played them during Petrino's time and he said they were the rudest fans he's ever encountered. He isn't a thin skinned person either but he said he would never go back. This surprised me because we went to a game in Little Rock and their fans were ok. Of course, they sucked when we player them in Little Rock and they were riding high under Petrino.

Reactions: RollerVol
I'll NEVER forget THIS debacle...

CfXYh8.gif
so embarrassing

Reactions: RollerVol

Typical VN. The OP asks a legitimate question and out of 3 pages of replies (so far), only about 4-6 posters actually try to answer his question. Rest is snark and nonsense. (Including mine, after a fashion :cool: )

Reactions: sonofUT62

That bammer article contains some ironies. It was written in the summer prior to the 2018 season. Here's an excerpt:

The SEC method of rotating schedules means that all schedules are not equal. Although Tennessee has not been competitive as Saban has run up an 11-0 record against the Vols while at Alabama, Tennessee historically has been the strongest football team in the SEC among East Division schools. Each year Auburn has Georgia as its regular opponent from the East and LSU has Florida.
Obviously, if a team is facing a strong opponent as its regular interdivision rival and also draws a strong opponent on the rotating basis, it can be at a disadvantage.
For instance, this year LSU has Georgia as its rotating opponent while Alabama has Missouri, which looks like an advantage for Bama. In 2020 when Alabama plays Georgia, Auburn will be playing Kentucky, which looks like an advantage for Auburn.

Overall, the premise is correct: the rotating schedule isn't always fair -- but one thing is a fact: We are the only SEC East team that has had to face bammer every year during its most recent prolonged period of dominance. (If LSU does actually eclipse bammer in the West for an extended period, that burden shifts to Florida. )

And one other thing: with the exceptions of LSU in 2003 and Auburn in 2010, we have played the eventual SEC conference champion every year since we moved to divisional play in 1992

Last edited:
We beat them more often than they beat us, but remember boy butch just 4 years ago? OOOOPs (but we still had a lot of life champions in Neyland that night)

The rotation was changed due to schedule adjustments next year. Next years schedule just looks odd with games moved around. That will be more common as more school add p5 OOC games.

VN Store

Back