why do we play Arkansas next year

Are we not playing them out of order with Ole Miss? Was I wrong in thinking that there was an order? SIAP

Because you have a home and away with bama every year, you have to switch the pairs (or every other non-bama team) of the other West teams.

12 at MissSt
13 Aub
14 at Ole Miss
15 Ark
16 at aTm
17 LSU
18 at Aub
19 MissSt
20 at Ark
21 Ole Miss
22 at LSU
23 aTm
24 at MissSt
25 Aub

So every six year the three pairs switch order: Pair 1: MissSt & Aub, Pair 2: Ole Miss & Ark, Pair 3: aTm & LSU.

Otherwise every six years we would always have home games with Aub, Ark, & LSU and road games with MissSt, Ole Miss & aTm (or the exact opposite).

Rotating the pairs allows for home and home with non bama West teams.

Edit: I didn't read HuntlandVolinColo's post above. I'll give myself a Jimmy Award for this.

OP, there is an order to this. Here is how the rotation goes. It started in '12 and flipped last season.

'12 @ Miss St.
'13 Auburn
'14 @ Ole Miss
'15 Arkansas
'16 @ A&M
'17 LSU

Now flip the home and away:

'18 @ Auburn
'19 Miss St.
'20 @ Arkansas
'21 Ole Miss
'22 @ LSU
'23 A&M

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I'll NEVER forget THIS debacle...

CfXYh8.gif

I had hoped to never see that fiasco again ! That was about as bad as it can get when on a road trip hoping for a Win ! The live version made me wanna walk out and head on back home.

Maybe every year we should swap 2 SECeast teams with 2 SECwest teams. That way every 4 years, you play every team! lol

So next year LSU and Bama can play in the East and Tennessee and Vandy can play in the West! (TN plays Vandy, Ole Miss, Ark, Aub, aTm, MissSt with rival bama from the East-arghh! and we'll say for fun East rotational game : Kentucky- Yeah!

In reality, Vandy would swap with their rival Ole Miss.

I had hoped to never see that fiasco again ! That was about as bad as it can get when on a road trip hoping for a Win ! The live version made me wanna walk out and head on back home.
I agree, posting this should be good for at least a months vacation.

I'm thankful we Are playing them, and not Georgia State of BYU, we had enough of that to last a few seasons!!

We are playing Arkansas because the Football Gods finally decided ”They’ve had enough.”

I think...I'm not sure of this, but i think...that the SEC front office restarts the East-West scheduling every 12 years. So what came before doesn't dictate the future.

12 years because that's how long it takes for every East team to get a home and home with every West team.

Of course, if the 12th year of one plan has Tennessee playing at Auburn, the 1st year of the new plan will not have Auburn coming to Tennessee. They'll spread them out better than that, even across a scheduling border.

But the new cycle does allow for a limited amount of moving the order around.

I think.
Don't worry. They will add an additional SE game and have 4 divisions which will eleminated the one perminated foe from the East and the West. That means that when Saban leaves Alabama we will not have to play them every year unless Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt ans Alabama ar in the same division.

VN Store

Back