Why can't we get any offensive commitments?

Just lost O-lineman today. You would think with Nico and Heupel, we could land some of these guys. Doing great on defense though.

When are we going to land a good WR? We missed on Carnell Tate already and there isn't a major standout on the radar.
You put yourself in the best position you can. But ultimately the kids will choose what they think is best for them. Do you think UT isn't trying enough? Isn't making the best appeal they can? They're going after some of the best players in the country. The competition is always going to be tough when you do that.

Daddychad,I did not know that Francis was close.with Christobal and the o-line coach at Miami when they were at Oregon.He's gone where he has had a connection for a couple of years.Sorry to lose out on him,but,let's get the others.It's still four months until early signing day.Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol524
Mauigoa is very good, no doubt I’d love to have him but at some point you have to back away. Don’t blame the kid either, the object is to get to the pros to make pro money. When you’re getting a crazy offer to play college ball you do it. I hate we lost him to Miami but I’d rather it be them than Florida or Bama; Miami being good hurts both of those teams more than Tennessee imo.

I agree with all that you say DaddyChad, I would also add that Miami improving also hurts Clemson and Dabo has had his `hands in our wallet` for some time.

Just lost O-lineman today. You would think with Nico and Heupel, we could land some of these guys. Doing great on defense though.

When are we going to land a good WR? We missed on Carnell Tate already and there isn't a major standout on the radar.
Not worried in the least about our WRs or offense. We didn't get the OL, but neither did any of our rivals. If we keep landing on final 3-4 teams for top recruits, we'll get our share of talent. We've got good WR talent this year, and with Hooker back, this year will be another advertisement for reasons top WR's should come to UT.

Reactions: GBO121
I agree with all that you say DaddyChad, I would also add that Miami improving also hurts Clemson and Dabo has had his `hands in our wallet` for some time.
Conference restructuring is also killing Clemson bc the ACC is falling apart. Clemson is gonna have to make a move or they’re gonna get left behind in the national championship lottery.

Yeah, I am confused about the Echols commitment. He isn't on rivals at all but is a 5 star. They cite he is an edge rusher (I thought Defensive linemen based on that description) but I have also seen Tight End.

A little lost. Was he a transfer? We did get that 5-star WR from Southern California although the guy looked like he was running from legal issues at USC with his ex-girlfriend.

I read somewhere yesterday that he had a connection to a coach at Miami that effected his decision to choose them. He is just a commitment. Plenty of time to change his mind.

Reactions: volbound1700
Conference restructuring is also killing Clemson bc the ACC is falling apart. Clemson is gonna have to make a move or they’re gonna get left behind in the national championship lottery.
Dude Clemson has the number 4 recruiting class in the country with an average 91 player rating. I'm curious did you actually look at Clemsons current class before you made this statement

Last edited:
Still have a very good Oline board. Ramil and Sham are very good, although Georgia is getting involved with Sham also. Have an outside shot at Simmons also and the kid that just decommited from Georgia.

I believe the OL kid that decommitted from UGA committed to Bama yesterday.

Reactions: DaddyChad
Dude Clemson has the number 4 recruiting class in the country with an average 91 player rating. I'm curious did you actually look at Clemmons current class before you made this statement
Roger Clemmons?...Man he could pitch..

The OP clearly said “commitments”.

Echols “committed” yesterday.

🙄

Still doesn't prove my post wrong. We are not pulling in any offensive supporting class to go with Nico after all of the hype about him pulling in other big players and Sprye paying them back when the announcement was made.

We are getting on radar of some of these guys but they are picking other schools like Miami and Ohio State.

I am not really blaming Heupel or Nico for it, I am just surprised that there isn't more hype to go play in the new offense. The irony is we are doing very well on recruiting trail but it is mostly on defense.

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
Still doesn't prove my post wrong. We are not pulling in any offensive supporting class to go with Nico after all of the hype about him pulling in other big players and Sprye paying them back when the announcement was made.

We are getting on radar of some of these guys but they are picking other schools like Miami and Ohio State.

Echols committed yesterday.

Seldon is committing on the 7th.

You know, “commitments”.

Enjoy.

VN Store

Back