Why can't we get any offensive commitments?

Seldon is number 24 on Rivals.
247. Which is what matters.

Anyone that follows recruiting knows Rivals is hot garbage and has lost all of their best analysts. They're nearing ESPN level horrendous.

So we can all pout and bitzh about the program. Aint that why people start dubious threads questioning the VOL house?

247. Which is what matters.

Anyone that follows recruiting knows Rivals is hot garbage and has lost all of their best analysts. They're nearing ESPN level horrendous.

That’s not the point. The point is was he was openly lying and proclaiming we have 0 top 100 rivals commitments

Back to OP, how about asking the chancellor and AD why they won’t show more fortitude like LSU UNC or Memphis St w/ toothless NCAA and threaten or file lawsuit! This would change public perception for fans, coaches and players, plus serve notice to our enemies we are not takin’ sh*t from anyone! And BUCK FAMA and Sankey!

Part of the problem is lack of stability as a program. We need to keep the current AD. I like what he is doing. No need for him to stick his neck out right now.

I was a little frustrated when I made this post. I have calmed down now that we picked up people but let's not kid ourselves, we haven't lived up to the hype everyone was stating we would be.

However, I think we are putting together a GREAT class and I am happy with the general direction of all our athletic teams, we just need to learn to win more in the post season.

Reactions: ENGRVOL
In the past week we have landed a 5* te for 24 class, we landed seldon who is the #24 overall player on 247, and we landed an ol player who is a 4* on multiple services who Georgia was pushing very hard for. That’s on top of the 5* qb and other 4* players we already had. We literally have the number 2 class in the sec right now. If you want to be the only guy who looks for our recruits lowest rankings and goes by that, Knock yourself out. Everyone else will continue to laugh at how the thread blew up in your face.

Yeah that puzzles me because we are #9 or #8 in most polls. SEC is slacking this year in recruiting overall. However, it is still early. Wait until Alabama and Georgia start landing their usually prospects. They are ahead of us in average ranking of prospects.

Yeah that puzzles me because we are #9 or #8 in most polls. SEC is slacking this year in recruiting overall. However, it is still early. Wait until Alabama and Georgia start landing their usually prospects. They are ahead of us in average ranking of prospects.
That you get that it is early is some progress for you!

Is that really the standard right now? If we fail to out recruit Bama and Georgia in year 2, we are failing?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Georgia and bama will pass us eventually, but they should with their success on field of late. The vols class is really solid already though, and it’ll get better as well. We lead for 5* dl Bradley, and we’ll get that linebacker out of Georgia here in the next day or two as well. It’s going to be one of the strongest classes we’ve put together in a long time.

Part of the problem is lack of stability as a program. We need to keep the current AD. I like what he is doing. No need for him to stick his neck out right now.

I was a little frustrated when I made this post. I have calmed down now that we picked up people but let's not kid ourselves, we haven't lived up to the hype everyone was stating we would be.

However, I think we are putting together a GREAT class and I am happy with the general direction of all our athletic teams, we just need to learn to win more in the post season.
Where is the hype coming from? Who’s responsible for the erratic behavior of VolNation? If people look at things practically, there is no reason for so much chicken little doom and gloom. If our AD didn’t have the pedigree, legacy, and connections he does, I would 💯 agree with you, however his privilege and extensive knowledge of collegiate sports should be a greater advantage in the current transition of NIL to be more assertive, not pandering to the establishment that has ZERO legal power at this point.

Where is the hype coming from? Who’s responsible for the erratic behavior of VolNation? If people look at things practically, there is no reason for so much chicken little doom and gloom. If our AD didn’t have the pedigree, legacy, and connections he does, I would 💯 agree with you, however his privilege and extensive knowledge of collegiate sports should be a greater advantage in the current transition of NIL to be more assertive, not pandering to the establishment that has ZERO legal power at this point.

People keep miss-reading my posts. I said the AD is great right now and I don't want him to get into a shouting match at NCAA when he is brand new. How is he pandering?

People keep miss-reading my posts. I said the AD is great right now and I don't want him to get into a shouting match at NCAA when he is brand new. How is he pandering?
Partly because the NCAA is a toothless tiger rightly concerned that it has no future. There's no reason to cow to the NCAA right now or really going forward.

The thing is... they deserve it. They have always been inequitable in investigations and punishment. Programs that reported, came clean, and cooperated like UT did have been treated worse than those who fought and covered up.

Reactions: beachvol23
Partly because the NCAA is a toothless tiger rightly concerned that it has no future. There's no reason to cow to the NCAA right now or really going forward.

The thing is... they deserve it. They have always been inequitable in investigations and punishment. Programs that reported, came clean, and cooperated like UT did have been treated worse than those who fought and covered up.
Thank you!!!! And we have an AD AND CHANCELLOR, while doing a solid job in several ways, ARE cow towing to ‘aa and SEC office and I don’t like that! Be confident in who you are!

That’s not the point. The point is was he was openly lying and proclaiming we have 0 top 100 rivals commitments
Ok. I was merely correcting a mistake (Seldon is #24 on 247, not Rivals). That was the only comment I was responding to.

Reactions: Vol8188
Rankings don't mean much until classes are closer to being complete. Barring several re-ratings of current commits, UT is probably headed for a class around 10th or so.

PS- Another Rivals 100 player in the boat today.

Curious, why do you think they are cow-towing?

We just picked up 2 big grabs on defense today.

Curious, why do you think they are cow-towing?

We just picked up 2 big grabs on defense today.
I'm not saying they are. Someone else said they were. I just said there's no reason to do it.

Did you like both or just the one with 5*?

Georgia and bama will pass us eventually, but they should with their success on field of late. The vols class is really solid already though, and it’ll get better as well. We lead for 5* dl Bradley, and we’ll get that linebacker out of Georgia here in the next day or two as well. It’s going to be one of the strongest classes we’ve put together in a long time.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. We could have a better than expected year and garner more recruit wins. We performed better than expected last season. Recruits see the numbers we put up and defensively see the playing time and possible immediate impact of that. We may not finish #1 in SEC but we will be top 3-5.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I wouldn't say that necessarily. We could have a better than expected year and garner more recruit wins. We performed better than expected last season. Recruits see the numbers we put up and defensively see the playing time and possible immediate impact of that. We may not finish #1 in SEC but we will be top 3-5.
They will. In part, they will find and get commits from more talented players. In part, players they recruit will get the benefit of the doubt vs equally talented players that they do not prioritize.

CJH has a plan. He is putting a team together on his time, not ours. I agree with a lot of the previous posts about being frustrated. But I think we are better off from where we were just a year ago. Go Big Orange 🍊

VN Store

Back