Why are Scar fans calling this our Superbowl?

Might not be a superbowl, but it's sure as hell a must win. Prospects for the season depend upon it, but more importantly, the damage to Heupel's standing with this fan base and in recruiting will be dealt a very serious blow if we lose tonight. The fall out from a loss....at home...to this SCjr team would be enormous.

Last edited:
If this team, loaded with seniors, isn’t ready to kick ass & get serious about this season starting tomorrow, the coaching staff has some tough decisions to make starting Sunday morning
Exactly right. I've said elsewhere that I question this teams toughness physically and mentally. With what they had on the line in last years game, I wouldn't have believed that they'd let anything get in the way of a playoff appearance, but they did. And that was with Hooker, Tillman, Hyatt, Wright, etc. I'm still trying to figure out who the leaders on this years team are. Who's the guy that this team will follow into tough games and in the 4th quarter with the game on the line? If they manage to sleepwalk through this one and get beat tonight, it's time for a youth movement.

I am trying to figure out if I am missing something. The last two alternate jersey games were against Austin Peay and Kentucky. It actually seems like we wear alternates in games that aren't that big to us to spark a little extra interest if anything. The black jerseys wouldn't make sense.

I was looking at tickets this week and UGA and A&M both are more expensive home games to get in the door for than SCAR. So out of our 4 conference home games its only ahead of vandy as far as being easiest ticket.

I'm left either assuming its just them trying to legitimize themselves and preparing it as a hedge for their excuse when they inevitably lose? Or maybe I missed a quote or something? Can someone help me out?
I don’t get it. There are at least 3 games more important on our schedule.

If the conference could go back and undo SC, Arky and Mizzou…keep aTm, Texas and Oklahoma…and round it out with Florida State….we’d all be better for it.
No. Get rid of all of them and pick up FSU, Clemson, Miami, West Virginia... Whoever, but keep the conference close enough from North to South, East to West that you can drive to a game.

The SE part of SEC does have a specific meaning... well used to anyway

I thought you were saying this is South Carolina's "game of the year."
Is it Tennessee's "game of the year?" That's not so clear.
I'd put Alabama and Kentucky as fiercer rivals than South Carolina.

No. Get rid of all of them and pick up FSU, Clemson, Miami, West Virginia... Whoever, but keep the conference close enough from North to South, East to West that you can drive to a game.

I like having the Texas schools in the conference. Just one opinion, obviously.

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage

I do miss the old SEC. It was fabulous and I'm glad I got to experience it.

I think calling it out Super Bowl is a bit much but it’s definitely a big game. If you want to one day climb to be in the upper echelon of the conference again you have to beat the mid tier schools like South Carolina, Kentucky and Miss State.

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage

I do miss the old SEC. It was fabulous and I'm glad I got to experience it.
Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU, Kentucky, Vandie, Florida, Auburn. Yep. :cool:

Columbia, SC is a geographical oddity: they are two to three hours from everywhere--Charlotte, Atlanta, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Greenville. Their fans are isolated and delusional--they think they're relevant every year, but it always turns out it will be next year. Let 'em fantasize.
This sounds oddly familiar…;-)

Reactions: DonDiego
For me our super bowl is either UF or bama. I guess you can throw UGA in there. South crackalackee is nothing more than a Kentucky caliber average sec opponent we have on the schedule every year. Hey I was at the 2009 game when we busted out in the black jerseys and proceeded to beat the chicken sh!t out of them in all 3 phases for 4 quarters. Reckon they remember that game?
As much as I hate Florida it’s only Bama for me. I hear you but last year felt better than any other win I can remember since the natty in 98.

For me this might be my most wanted win in recent years because of the way last year went down, their coach, fan and players reactions/comments so maybe they’re right
Add to that the fact that we are yet to put a complete game together. It is high time we do just that.

Reactions: goooooovols
This IS a big game. Our schools have been very competitive the last 15 years or so and this century I think we have a whopping 5 more wins than they do. Our history before 2000 is way better than their's but the last several decades we've been closer to peers with them than we have with our Big 3 rivals who have largely dominated us.
Nah. We don't give af about them. The SC game will never matter to me. Vandy is more important to me lol

This is SC fans essentially self-owning by pretending we care about their crap football program. USCjr is a nothing football program. They have no honors, no SEC or national championships, no rich traditions. Those fools get excited by a stupid rooster sound getting blasted into their trash stadium. Their logo looks like a 3rd grader’s art project by the kid in class who sucks real bad at art, and it hurts your eyes to look at it. Whenever I see someone wearing SC gear in the wild, i feel sorry for them. They have nothing to celebrate. It is the opposite of a Super Bowl game for the Vols. It is never going to be more than an expected win on the Vols schedule. Spencer Rattler talking trash after getting a big orange arse whipping speaks volumes about that loser football program.

They think we act like it’s our Super Bowl because they don’t understand a rockin’ fan base that gets up for every game like we do.

If the conference could go back and undo SC, Arky and Mizzou…keep aTm, Texas and Oklahoma…and round it out with Florida State….we’d all be better for it.
Not Texas. We are the real UT. They are copycats, down to their colors. Will never like them joining the SEC. Of course, I recall what prima donnas they were in the big 12 - they used to call it the Texas conference.

Living amongst these delusional folks for years you have to understand their mindset. No matter what they are always “up and coming”. They live vicariously of just being in the sec while never accomplishing anything! Especially in the SEC. Right now they’re sitting at 2-3 and they will tell you every team outside the sec that’s obviously better than they are sucks. When their hopes are crushed and reality sets in they get butthurt like now. They’ll be wanting to fire Beamer by the end of the year.

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back