Why are Scar fans calling this our Superbowl?

VOLSBEERS1992

I am trying to figure out if I am missing something. The last two alternate jersey games were against Austin Peay and Kentucky. It actually seems like we wear alternates in games that aren't that big to us to spark a little extra interest if anything. The black jerseys wouldn't make sense.

I was looking at tickets this week and UGA and A&M both are more expensive home games to get in the door for than SCAR. So out of our 4 conference home games its only ahead of vandy as far as being easiest ticket.

I'm left either assuming its just them trying to legitimize themselves and preparing it as a hedge for their excuse when they inevitably lose? Or maybe I missed a quote or something? Can someone help me out?

They are delusional and have clearly forgotten who they are. A lifetime .500 record and they have never won a college football national championship. On Saturday, we will be honoring our 1998 national championship team also known as Al Wilson's Army.

Clemson, ordinarily their fiercest rival, is down this year.
They also play Florida (3-1), @ TAMU (3-1), @ Mizzou (4-0), and Kentucky (4-0).

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Confused. How is the uniform you wear an indication of respect for the opponent? Purely entertainment or for the players/recruits.

I prefer the Grays over the black.

PS- years ago someone did a study on the effects of uniform colors on football teams. Supposedly dark colors like black or gray correlated to the highest level of aggression. Red and Maroon was next. Not sure about orange but colors like UNC... were less. Maybe nothing. But I guess there could be some psychology involved in the color of uniform you wear.

Columbia, SC is a geographical oddity: they are two to three hours from everywhere--Charlotte, Atlanta, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Greenville. Their fans are isolated and delusional--they think they're relevant every year, but it always turns out it will be next year. Let 'em fantasize.

They are delusional and have clearly forgotten who they are. A lifetime .500 record and they have never won a college football national championship. On Saturday, we will be honoring our 1998 national championship team also known as Al Wilson's Army.

Gamecocks better be careful. Last thing they want to do is make Al Wilson angry. If so he might very well go grab a jersey and cause Spencer Rattler to have nightmares

This IS a big game. Our schools have been very competitive the last 15 years or so and this century I think we have a whopping 5 more wins than they do. Our history before 2000 is way better than their's but the last several decades we've been closer to peers with them than we have with our Big 3 rivals who have largely dominated us.

For me our super bowl is either UF or bama. I guess you can throw UGA in there. South crackalackee is nothing more than a Kentucky caliber average sec opponent we have on the schedule every year. Hey I was at the 2009 game when we busted out in the black jerseys and proceeded to beat the chicken sh!t out of them in all 3 phases for 4 quarters. Reckon they remember that game?

It’s not our Super Bowl, but I do think the season hinges on this game.
If we get the win, it could be enough of a confidence booster to get this team back on-track for the season we were hoping for.
A loss could lead to internal issues and a real feeling of dejection.

VN Store

Back