Who's your top 3 overrated programs in college football

Currently?..........ND, USC, and for the life of me explain what the heck Utah has done? They keep getting preseason top 8 ish and haven't done crap.
I mean all they did prior to last year was make the PAC-12 championship 4 out of 5 seasons and won it back to back years. Yeah they don’t win their bowl games but Kyle Wittingham is a damn good coach. That’s a lot more than several other programs have done.

I mean all they did prior to last year was make the PAC-12 championship 4 out of 5 seasons and won it back to back years. Yeah they don’t win their bowl games but Kyle Wittingham is a damn good coach. That’s a lot more than several other programs have done.

110% agree......think Wittingham is a darn good coach and has done well with what he has. Agreed they've done well in a very down Pac12 past few years. But when it comes to playing with the big boys, SEC, etc they've been suspect. Lot of 4 and 5 loss seasons mixed in there.......just feel they're getting a favorable spot and haven't actually done anything to deserve it yet.Screenshot_20240514_220809_Chrome.jpg

1. ND 2. USC 3. OSU/Michigan.

Yes, I know Michigan win the Natty last year, but every year they play a cupcake schedule, as does OSU. I firmly believe OSU and Michigan would have no less than 3 losses each year if they played an SEC schedule. They have often ended up in the playoff without being tested. Maybe the competition will be a little better next year with the PAC teams moving to the big ten.

SEC: 1. Missouri 2. Kentucky 3. South Carolina.

Every year the media tries to elevate these schools to more than the mid-tier programs they will always be. Don’t let occasional one hit wonders (Missouri last year) fool you.

1. ND 2. USC 3. OSU/Michigan.

Yes, I know Michigan win the Natty last year, but every year they play a cupcake schedule, as does OSU. I firmly believe OSU and Michigan would have no less than 3 losses each year if they played an SEC schedule. They have often ended up in the playoff without being tested. Maybe the competition will be a little better next year with the PAC teams moving to the big ten.

SEC: 1. Missouri 2. Kentucky 3. South Carolina.

Every year the media tries to elevate these schools to more than the mid-tier programs they will always be. Don’t let occasional one hit wonders (Missouri last year) fool you.
Embarrassed us. I was there.

110% agree......think Wittingham is a darn good coach and has done well with what he has. Agreed they've done well in a very down Pac12 past few years. But when it comes to playing with the big boys, SEC, etc they've been suspect. Lot of 4 and 5 loss seasons mixed in there.......just feel they're getting a favorable spot and haven't actually done anything to deserve it yet.View attachment 640742
Kyle is a great coach and a perfect example of “getting more with less” he’s one of the few coaches who can coach up a less talented team on paper. With that said, they shouldn’t be in a Natty discussion most years.

Reactions: NATHAN05
110% agree......think Wittingham is a darn good coach and has done well with what he has. Agreed they've done well in a very down Pac12 past few years. But when it comes to playing with the big boys, SEC, etc they've been suspect. Lot of 4 and 5 loss seasons mixed in there.......just feel they're getting a favorable spot and haven't actually done anything to deserve it yet.View attachment 640742
You have to factor in they are in the Big 12 now and have a very good possibility of running through that conference undefeated. They will probably be favored in almost all of their games. And their non-con is Southern Utah and Utah State. Right now their over/under win total is -9.5 so they are expecting a 10-win season from them. So I think that’s where the high ranking comes from.

TaM, Texass and... ?

The Nebraska fall into a black hole of non-existent
ND - no - I'm not surprised that they have what they have. Rudy died.

Florida State - No - they have to get into the Big Boy game;

Tennessee :)

Clemson - Cow town found a hole in the wall and jumped on it. Hole closed

USC - eh, OK

VN Store

Back