Who's your coach?

Right there with ya! Ray Buzzard was swim coach when I worked at the Aquatic Ctr.
I remember Ray

FE0811EA-93B4-43BD-AA0B-929D6E7900BE.jpeg

I swam for the Faculty Club Swim Team back in the 70’s. Remember those steam saunas people would sit in, with just their heads sticking out?

I started with the Dickey years but Johnny Majors, the all time favorite vol from the all time best Vol Family and winner of a national championship coming back home to Tennessee was incredible. Nothing compares to it except maybe a win Saturday!

Butch, I started watching in 2013, 25 now. I remember my uncle asking if I wanted to go watch us play Austin Peay, been hooked ever since. Didn’t grow up in a family that watched any sports besides NASCAR lol. So I’ve never personally witnessed a great Vols football team.

just curious , what coach do you belong to? not asking who the coach was when you was born ,but who the coach was when the big orange bug bit you and you became a VOL for life!!!!!! i belong to coach Majors... GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fulmer. I’m 37, missed majors but he took us to the peak. I’m a homer so I’ve tried to like all the previous jokes as head coach. Until Heupel I’ve never felt like we had a guy. Now I do, here’s to hoping he is!

Majors - 1985. First game I remember watching was the 38-20 beatdown of Bo Jackson and #1 Auburn.

Didn't really care about football until I was about 12 , which was a year Majors beat UCLA and Auburn , which were both top 5 if I remember and of course there was a ton of buzz. And then I was hooked for life.

I kinda miss our games with UCLA.

We seem to have lost to UCLA more than we should have. The loss to them in Fulmer's last season was gut wrenching to me, and made me turn from a Fulmer supporter to not a supporter any more. But I recall a few nice wins, too.

Reactions: WillisWG
I remember Ray

View attachment 510211

I swam for the Faculty Club Swim Team back in the 70’s. Remember those steam saunas people would sit in, with just their heads sticking out?
Ray was tough on us at the Aquatic Center. 1980 was a hard year for the swimmers because we had a bunch of qualified Olympians/World record holders that couldn’t swim because of the boycott.

VN Store

Back