Who's Going to Omaha

Halph66

We should've gotten the live chicken.
My son and I are leaving Saturday morning from the Houston, Texas area headed to Omaha. 930 miles.

We are staying across the river in Council Bluff, IA at the Holiday Inn Council Bluff-I-29. We are have seats in Section 108, Row 16, Seats 17 & 18. It's awesome that we have Row #16, Seat #18 in Omaha. They are right behind the 1st base dugout.

Let everyone know where you are and sitting where to meet to party before and after the game. I have been to Omaha traveling to Beatrice, NE and have stayed near the airport. But, I don't know much about the CWS experience.
There looks to be many good restaurants South of I-480 and Highway 6 near Farnam Street and Harney Street. I've eaten at The Old Mattress Factory bar & grill on Cass Street right beside TD Ameritrade Park. It was okay.

I hope everyone travels safely and I look forward to possibly meeting some of y'all.

I might be coming up from Dallas with my dad. Money is tight so who knows
I get it. I told my son that we should go sometime. He just graduated from SFA and is currently looking for a job. I figured that there is no time like the present, so my wife said get your tickets and go.

I was going to create this thread 3x today but kept getting other stuff to do.

Arriving late night Monday and joining three others there already at Embassy Suites. Will go to both of our bracket games Tuesday. The three already there go back Wednesday I think, so I'll remote work that day and go to Wednesday night's bracket 1 game and join some other friends that live in Omaha and hang with them for most of the rest of my time there. I think I'm in 122 for Tue and Wed.

TBD on when I return. I have three diff return flights booked, but hoping it will be the one Saturday after we clinch since I won't be hanging around for the championship games.

Not sure on places to hang before/af but my local friends will have some suggestions once I talk to them more.

My first CWS, also

Last edited:
If we make the championship series i will be there
I decided that I was going to attend a game. I've lucked out before saying I'll go if.
I looked at it that this was the only game that I could guarantee the date and time, so I jumped. It would be awesome to be there when we win it all, but would you get tickets for the 2nd game or the 3rd. I you can get tickets to all three that would be fantastic.

My son and I have talked about attending a game in every MLB park also. That's another bucket list item. I finally get to mark Omaha off my list, the Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. I hope you get to go to the Championship Game. I'll be screaming from South East Texas.

I get it. I told my son that we should go sometime. He just graduated from SFA and is currently looking for a job. I figured that there is no time like the present, so my wife said get your tickets and go.
My problem is I’m still trying to get though school, I’ve wasted so much money in my life haha. Hope y’all have a great time

Looking for 1 ticket in, hopefully, section with other TN fans for game 3. Flight arrives 10:24am on Sunday, so I will be srambling to get a ticket and get to the game ontime. Staying at Hyatt Place Downtown. Any suggestions? Thanks

I decided that I was going to attend a game. I've lucked out before saying I'll go if.
I looked at it that this was the only game that I could guarantee the date and time, so I jumped. It would be awesome to be there when we win it all, but would you get tickets for the 2nd game or the 3rd. I you can get tickets to all three that would be fantastic.

My son and I have talked about attending a game in every MLB park also. That's another bucket list item. I finally get to mark Omaha off my list, the Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. I hope you get to go to the Championship Game. I'll be screaming from South East Texas.

Same here! I already checked, the Cardinals aren't home until the 24th and the Royals have the Red Sox Friday-Sunday and then they're on the road. It would be tough to squeeze in a MLB game.

Looking for 1 ticket in, hopefully, section with other TN fans for game 3. Flight arrives 10:24am on Sunday, so I will be srambling to get a ticket and get to the game ontime. Staying at Hyatt Place Downtown. Any suggestions? Thanks

I usually stay at Hyatt’s but that one is sold out for me. Waited too long.

Anyone know what the Sunday session ticket prices are? Not general admission.

Looks like I may have an opportunity to go on Sunday.

Anyone know what the Sunday session ticket prices are? Not general admission.

Looks like I may have an opportunity to go on Sunday.

Tons of tickets in the outfield sections for $28 + fees on Ticketmaster for Sunday's game. Will be approx $38 each seat. All sections have availability! Get on the road!! 😎 GBO! 🍊

Not any feasible way to make the first few games without calling in sick for a week at work for me. If we make the championship series I will try to attend Games 2 & 3 if needed of that.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Yeah, having a 1 year old and my wife’s work schedule is complicating things. May make it out to the Championship series from Chattanooga but we’ll see. We are going to host a watch party at the clubhouse next door on Sunday! A lot of beer will be drank!!

My son and I are driving up from Kansas City. It will be a great Father’s Day. We are sitting in Section 128 and plan on catching a lot of home runs from the Vols. Go Vols!!!

Good Deal! I am in section 123 and looking right down the left field wall above the Vol Bullpen. Hope to see many Vol Taters fly over that wall! 😎

VN Store

Back