Who's Going to Omaha

If stopping in KC for BBQ, the top places right now are (in no particular order) Q39 (can make reservations online) and Joe's KC (formerly Oklahoma Joes). My wife and I also like Jack's Stack BBQ in the Freight House District and Char Bar. Can't go wrong with any of these.

If stopping in KC for BBQ, the top places right now are (in no particular order) Q39 (can make reservations online) and Joe's KC (formerly Oklahoma Joes). My wife and I also like Jack's Stack BBQ in the Freight House District and Char Bar. Can't go wrong with any of these.

We tried to go to Joe's but the line was way too long and we were starving. We are at Q39 and it was ok but not as good as I was expecting.

My son and I are leaving Saturday morning from the Houston, Texas area headed to Omaha. 930 miles.

We are staying across the river in Council Bluff, IA at the Holiday Inn Council Bluff-I-29. We are have seats in Section 108, Row 16, Seats 17 & 18. It's awesome that we have Row #16, Seat #18 in Omaha. They are right behind the 1st base dugout.

Let everyone know where you are and sitting where to meet to party before and after the game. I have been to Omaha traveling to Beatrice, NE and have stayed near the airport. But, I don't know much about the CWS experience.
There looks to be many good restaurants South of I-480 and Highway 6 near Farnam Street and Harney Street. I've eaten at The Old Mattress Factory bar & grill on Cass Street right beside TD Ameritrade Park. It was okay.

I hope everyone travels safely and I look forward to possibly meeting some of y'all.

just arrived from Houston also. Long drive! Stopped in Wichita for the night and finished it up today. Staying in council buff, Iowa also.

Those burnt ends at Joe's...mmmmm

Reactions: vol66
We tried to go to Joe's but the line was way too long and we were starving. We are at Q39 and it was ok but not as good as I was expecting.

So sorry it was disappointing. I haven't been in a couple of years and always get the burnt ends. It's a bit pricey and not a lot of food compared to some of the other places. My wife likes when we go to Jacks Stack and share the Sampler Platter. Usually have some to take home for later.

VN Store

Back