Who will be starting WR's

I don't think any excuses were made either. He just fumbled

There wasn't any excuse. He was the most experience RB we had on scholarship. Unfortunately, he didn't know how to hold the ball properly. After the Penn State game, it appears that the problem was either ignored or poorly addressed by our coaching staff.

As for Taylor, there were plenty of more experienced athletes on the team that could have handled the return duties. UT shouldn't have to look to its freshman class to find dynamic athletes.

As for Taylor, there were plenty of more experienced athletes on the team that could have handled the return duties. UT shouldn't have to look to its freshman class to find dynamic athletes.

The problem is Phil promises all of the big recruits playing time in order to get them to come to UT and then he has to stick some freshmen out on speical teams :good!:

The problem is Phil promises all of the big recruits playing time in order to get them to come to UT and then he has to stick some freshmen out on speical teams :good!:

From what I understand Fulmer is revered for his honest approach to recruits. He supposedly doesn't make unrealistic promises to convince guys to commit. Taylor wasn't a blue chipper anyway, so I doubt Phil was making some crazy promises to land a guy that wasn't seeing all that much attention from LSU and other big time recruiters.

Speaking of fumbles in the 2005 Alabama game... what in the world happened to Cory Anderson? Did he go into the witness protection program?

Speaking of fumbles in the 2005 Alabama game... what in the world happened to Cory Anderson? Did he go into the witness protection program?

Evidently. He played in 3 games this year (Air Force, Florida, and Alabama,) in which he accumulated a total for 1 rush for 1 yard and 3 catches for 11.

EDIT: Actually, the stat line I'm using lists "Did Not Play or No Stats Accumulated" for the other games, so he could have played without recording any numbers.

Didn't he play against LSU and miss a diving catch near the endzone? Maybe Kentucky or Vandy?

cottam is huge and runs like a deer. its a shame we prob won't see him catch many balls. :shakehead: i hope i am wrong though

Our 2 tight ends caught 45 passes combined, so I'd say they're seeing the ball enough. Cottam started getting the ball a lot more towards the end of the season, setting up what could be a very good senior season.

Cottam will be a ...senior. Funny, they rave about his athleticism and ability and he will have one full year to PERHAPS be fully integrated into the offense as a bona fide target (not an afterthought or gadget guy).

Typical talent wasting by the braintrust.

Cottam will be a ...senior. Funny, they rave about his athleticism and ability and he will have one full year to PERHAPS be fully integrated into the offense as a bona fide target (not an afterthought or gadget guy).

The younger Cottam brother, Jeff, will be a sophomore. From what I hear, he's more talented.

I've heard that neither of the Cottams have proven to be physical enough to see significant minutes at the TE position.

I've heard that neither of the Cottams have proven to be physical enough to see significant minutes at the TE position.

A more creative coach next season might play a 2 TE formation occasionally with Chris Brown and Cottam on either end. I loved the way Boise St confused Oklahoma with their multiple formations.

VN Store

Back