Who will be starting WR's

A more creative coach next season might play a 2 TE formation occasionally with Chris Brown and Cottam on either end. I loved the way Boise St confused Oklahoma with their multiple formations.

UT has used 2 TEs this year. I think Cottam wasn't getting PT because he's not that great of a blocker and he dropped several passes in the first few games of the season.

Also, I don't see why everyone is so concerned about not using the TEs more this year. With the way our WRs performed, we needed to get them the ball as much as possible.

2005 was the year the TEs should have been utilized, because the wideouts looked pathetic.

We've been saying they need to get the TE's more involved since Whiten left.

We really havent had the talent at TE to get them involved. Brown is built more like a fb or big hb then a te. And Cottam seems to have good hands but he's a slow target.

There wasn't any excuse. He was the most experience RB we had on scholarship. Unfortunately, he didn't know how to hold the ball properly. After the Penn State game, it appears that the problem was either ignored or poorly addressed by our coaching staff.

\Why couldn't have just fumbled or been ripped? Why is it that its poor coaching if someone fumbles? He's been taught not to since he began playing RB. It was HIS fault.

There wasn't any excuse. He was the most experience RB we had on scholarship. Unfortunately, he didn't know how to hold the ball properly. After the Penn State game, it appears that the problem was either ignored or poorly addressed by our coaching staff.

\Why couldn't have just fumbled or been ripped? Why is it that its poor coaching if someone fumbles? He's been taught not to since he began playing RB. It was HIS fault.

He's been fumble-prone for awhile now. The coaches should have worked on that. I'm not sure what his carry/fumble ratio is, but I bet it isn't good.

Remember that Tiki Barber used to fumble like it was his job, until Tom Coughlin taught him how to hold onto the ball. Now, he has hands like a vice.

With all 3 starting WR's leaving who will likely replace them? Pick 3 from this list.

1.Slick Shelley
2.Austin Rogers
3.Josh Briscoe
4.Lucas Taylor
5.Quinton Hancock
6.Brent Vinson
7.Kenny O'Neal
8.Gerald Jones

Did I leave anybody off the list?

How did these 8 grade in their recruiting classes?

UT has used 2 TEs this year. I think Cottam wasn't getting PT because he's not that great of a blocker and he dropped several passes in the first few games of the season.

Also, I don't see why everyone is so concerned about not using the TEs more this year. With the way our WRs performed, we needed to get them the ball as much as possible.

2005 was the year the TEs should have been utilized, because the wideouts looked pathetic.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting this stuff, but Cottam is considered one of the best blockers on the team, and is by far the best blocking TE, per Matt Luke.

Also, they rave about his speed and athleticism for a guy his size...in the 4.6 range.

I'm not saying he's Tony Gonzalez, but he's one of the better physical college TEs around.

He's been fumble-prone for awhile now. The coaches should have worked on that. I'm not sure what his carry/fumble ratio is, but I bet it isn't good.

Remember that Tiki Barber used to fumble like it was his job, until Tom Coughlin taught him how to hold onto the ball. Now, he has hands like a vice.

I remember the coaching staff holding Coker out of games early on, because they felt he had problems fumbling.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting this stuff, but Cottam is considered one of the best blockers on the team, and is by far the best blocking TE, per Matt Luke.

Also, they rave about his speed and athleticism for a guy his size...in the 4.6 range.

I'm not saying he's Tony Gonzalez, but he's one of the better physical college TEs around.

Actually I heard Coach Fulmer say it in an interview about a year ago.

vinson, o'neil, and shelly

seen shelly play a lot in high school......very fast, very big, and great hands

solid player that I hope will get to see some time this year

VN Store

Back