Who will be our back up Quarterback after Joe Milton

Setting up nicely for Tayven Jackson. Hope he's good, because he might be the starter in 2023 if we can't find a transfer QB.

HIGH SCHOOL

Rated as a three-star recruit in 247 composite rankings … Starred at Madison Central High School in Madison, Mississippi … Led the Jaguars to a 9-3 record and the Class 6A state playoffs as a senior in 2019 ... Guided Madison Central to the Class 6A state semifinals in 2017 and 2018 ... Passed for 3,507 yards and 37 touchdowns while rushing for 3,568 yards and 51 touchdowns in three seasons ... Played in the 2019 Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game ... 2018 and 2019 Clarion Ledger Second Team All-State selection ... 2018 Region 2-6A Offensive MVP ... Graduated early and enrolled at Tennessee in the spring of 2020.
Pretty impressive numbers I’d say.

Well, I'd be surprised if the Madison Central Jaguars ran Heupel's uptempo offense. So a walk on who has been studying it for a year would be better than Holiday, probably (after Milton, of course).

I'm not talking about our starting QB, just to get over the hump with Bailey gone and 3500+ passing and 3500+ rushing for a HS QB for 3 seasons isn't bad,
If Hooker and Milton both went down.. I'd think he'd be a good option to go with.
Also you mentioned release. That was one of the things I mentioned, wondered if it was his footwork or release that didn't get him a QB but rather a WR
I believe Holliday is really fast and so he and others saw his future at WR.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
Do you think Gaston Moore can do anything here?
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Everybody sing........

No one's slick as Gaston
No one's quick as Gaston
No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Gaston's
For there's no man in town half as manly
Perfect, a pure paragon!
You can ask any Tom, Dick or Stanley
And they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on
Who plays darts like Gaston
Who breaks hearts like Gaston
Who's much more than the sum of his parts like Gaston
As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating
My what a guy, that Gaston

No one hits like Gaston
Matches wits like Gaston
In a spitting match nobody spits like Gaston
I'm especially good at expectorating
Ptoooie
Ten points for Gaston
When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs
Every morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs
So I'm roughly the size of a barge!
Ooh

Who has brains like Gaston
Entertains like Gaston
Who can make up these endless refrains like Gaston
I use antlers in all of my decorating
Say it again
Who's a man among men
Who's the super success
Don't you know, can't you guess?
Ask his fans and his five hangers-on
There's must one guy in town who's got all of it down
And his name's G A S T...
I believe there's another T
It just occurred to me that I'm illiterate
And I've never actually had to spell it out loud before
Gaston

We have Holiday who is/was a duel QB and can run the option. I don’t know if he can throw the ball well enough to keep the defense honest.

One of the other 3 guys you saw in practice videos not named Maurer, Bailey, Hooker, or Milton will now dress out and travel. It’s really not that big of a deal.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I think the Milt man actually showed touch on the ball the last time we saw him pass. Not enough to suggest he'd consistently throw with touch.
Jimmy Holiday would be the best #3 right now based on his HS stats, though Gaston might be more ready for the Heupel offense via experience.
Let's just hope that Captain Hook stays healthy and playing at the level he is, or somewhat higher.
If things got really bad, we could try to sneak Jennifer Welter in, though the NCAA might object.

VN Store

Back