Who will be our back up Quarterback after Joe Milton

3500+ passing yards... in 3 yrs in HS I'm going to say odds are he can go deep enough LOL
At least be viable to help finish out the season IMO if we needed a QB3
That’s a lot of yards. You’re right. I think he could go deep if he had to. If we had no quarterback, then by looking at those numbers, then I say let’s go with him.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
And no one tried him out at Quarterback? That was just insane, that no one even thought about it.
Those are pretty good HS#'s maybe he has a bad feet work or funky release...
Now I'm curious who get's moved to QB3 with Bailey gone...guess perfect time to get someone some practice and a limited playbook since this is a bye week

Reactions: Orange defense
Those are pretty good HS#'s maybe he has a bad feet work or funky release...
Now I'm curious who get's moved to QB3 with Bailey gone...guess perfect time to get someone some practice and a limited playbook since this is a bye week
Hopefully, Hype will address this problem by Friday. It is going to interesting to see who gets that 3rd spot. Maybe, he can’t go in a fast offense, and I wonder if he would have to work on it. If anything, it’s a good time to get some work in this week, on whoever has stepped in.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Not 100% sure who will be three on the chart BUT we better all be praying NO MORE INJURIES. It can happen so fast...in one game...and we could be going with QB3....
We can’t afford those two to go down at the same time, until that QB3 gets a lot of work in.

Reactions: tennrich1
And no one tried him out at Quarterback? That was just insane, that no one even thought about it.

They had their guy, Milton effectively was recruited by Heupel to get on The Hill. If he showed up he was starting. That whole competition thing was to give pablum to the fan base. It was lock, stock, and barrel Milton from the jump. I know that harelips the Heupel sychophants but he's not all that picking QBs ... obviously. Thank goodness HH was here luckily to salvage the season.

Holiday_Jimmy.jpg

Jimmy Holiday - Football - University of Tennessee Athletics
Thought about that. You'd pretty much be the UT version of the Lynn Bowden offense... but its an option.

Reactions: Plecoptera
3500+ passing yards... in 3 yrs in HS I'm going to say odds are he can go deep enough LOL
At least be viable to help finish out the season IMO if we needed a QB3
Roughly 100 ypg proves he can throw it deep?

FWIW, he doesn't have a rag arm but he doesn't have a college level arm or release either.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
They had their guy, Milton effectively was recruited by Heupel to get on The Hill. If he showed up he was starting. That whole competition thing was to give pablum to the fan base. It was lock, stock, and barrel Milton from the jump. I know that harelips the Heupel sychophants but he's not all that picking QBs ... obviously. Thank goodness HH was here luckily to salvage the season.
I guess CJH feels like he may be able to still coach him up in due time. I’m glad that HH did show up to take over in time. The quarterback competition started out pretty good in the spring and fall, but it has all sorted itself out in the end, till now.

Roughly 100 ypg proves he can throw it deep?

FWIW, he doesn't have a rag arm but he doesn't have a college level arm or release either.
I'm not talking about our starting QB, just to get over the hump with Bailey gone and 3500+ passing and 3500+ rushing for a HS QB for 3 seasons isn't bad,
If Hooker and Milton both went down.. I'd think he'd be a good option to go with.
Also you mentioned release. That was one of the things I mentioned, wondered if it was his footwork or release that didn't get him a QB but rather a WR

HIGH SCHOOL

Rated as a three-star recruit in 247 composite rankings … Starred at Madison Central High School in Madison, Mississippi … Led the Jaguars to a 9-3 record and the Class 6A state playoffs as a senior in 2019 ... Guided Madison Central to the Class 6A state semifinals in 2017 and 2018 ... Passed for 3,507 yards and 37 touchdowns while rushing for 3,568 yards and 51 touchdowns in three seasons ... Played in the 2019 Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game ... 2018 and 2019 Clarion Ledger Second Team All-State selection ... 2018 Region 2-6A Offensive MVP ... Graduated early and enrolled at Tennessee in the spring of 2020.
Pretty impressive numbers I’d say.
ace-ventura-model-american.gif

Reactions: ftsandersvol
Thought about that. You'd pretty much be the UT version of the Lynn Bowden offense... but its an option.
Yea, the Lynn Bowden offense looked good at times, and bad at other times, but I wonder if he got to play a couple of series to see what he could actually do.

VN Store

Back